Turn on thread page Beta

Confused about moving in date/ freshers week watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting UCCA in Canterbury in September and it says the induction week begins the 10th September. I thought 'induction week' meant Freshers Week, but the moving in date for halls is the 29th August....so does that mean Freshers Week is the week before?
    I'm just not sure whether to move in on the 29th or wait until the weekend before the 10th. I don't wana miss out on the partyin etc but I also dont want to be stuck by myself in my room for a week waiting for everyone else to arrive!

ReputationRep:
    Try asking on the UCCA category. Induction week may well be an acadmeic thing, whereas Freshers is more social. At Birmingham we have a fresher's fortnight effectively, with more of the academic meetings and things happening during the day on the second week.
    If the moving in date is 29th August, then I would imagine that's when most people would be moving in tbh so I'm sure you won't be all alone!

ReputationRep:
    l wish l'd been able to move in nearly 2 weeks early! it would've been great to move in in my own time, get to know the the place, go shopping, visit local pubs before they were crammed with students and generally relax and prepare before being overwhelmed by Induction Week events.

Anyway, why don't you email/phone the uni and ask?

ReputationRep:
    I did thanks! They said most people don't move in until the following week, freshers week starts on the 9th September so I think I'll just move in a few days before that. Woo how exciting

ReputationRep:
    i cant wait to start i went to a freshers week last year and i wasnt even at uni then! this is my first year! but last year i met loadsa mates that were from uni! and i must say i had the best year of my life! you'll like it loads! i move into marybone 2 in ljmu on 13th sep!

xxx

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.