Turn on thread page Beta

UCAS confirm letter watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    On results and day, a UCAS letter will be sent to you to confirm your choice of University. Can I just ask what is the deadline for this?? Very important, please help! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by equili3rium)
    On results and day, a UCAS letter will be sent to you to confirm your choice of University. Can I just ask what is the deadline for this?? Very important, please help! Thanks
    Won't it say on the letter??

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know now??? I mean people who have done this last year or previous?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by equili3rium)
    does anyone know now??? I mean people who have done this last year or previous?
    Pencil Queen has answered you!

ReputationRep:
    thanks very much

ReputationRep:
    ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UCAS - Advice for Staff)
    Conditional offers must be confirmed by the 31st August 2004 or they will lapse
    This appears to be the answer for this year.

ReputationRep:
    I got my results last last week and I got the grades, but I haven't received anything from UCAS grrr.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Is that a BTEC?

If so the delay is because the results are all passed to universities in paper copies (not electronically) and they have to be manually input onto the university systems before they make a decision and that decision is transmitted back to UCAS - and UCAS will wait until it's had a decision from both your firm and insurance before sending you a final letter...
    I've just done a BTEC....so when are we likely to get our confirmed results? Is it usually the same time as A level students? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    In theory it should be before then - but technically they can take until 31st August :rolleyes: .

If you like you could contact your firm/insurance uni's and ask them when they'll confirm your place to UCAS, add on a day or two and it should show on the UCAS tracker and another day or two for posting time and you should have your forms/letters

Thanks You've been very helpful....I've been wondering when I'd get my results since I left college!

ReputationRep:
    Is that a BTEC?

If so the delay is because the results are all passed to universities in paper copies (not electronically) and they have to be manually input onto the university systems before they make a decision and that decision is transmitted back to UCAS - and UCAS will wait until it's had a decision from both your firm and insurance before sending you a final letter...
    I took the IB. I'll be waiting for the letter then! Thanks for your help. I'm worried that the final letter might come when i've left the country though....I better write to UCAS to send it to a different address.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.