Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My girlfriend is a pathological liar, but I don't think she's a cheat Watch

ReputationRep:
    Me and my girlfriend (Chloe) have been together just over a year. A few months back we broke up for a few weeks were she started to get with this other guy from her workplace (A few years older, doing a flashy degree etc), before she eventually got back with me.
    I've been completely uncomfortable about those guys continuing their relationship because after all she jumped from me to him in a week because "that's how she deals with things" and was essentially going to use him to get over me. Anyway, we agreed that they weren't allowed to spend anytime alone together and I agreed the same about one of my friends (Who she thinks fancies me).
    So last night...
    She had accidentally left her Facebook on my computer a few weeks ago (I never took it off) so i could see she was messaging him all friendly which is fine . This was all about how he was at the local shop buying food (The shop shuts at 11).But then the messages suddenly stop. So I ring my girlfriend and she tells me shes up to "nothing" and she needs to go because she must pack for her holiday tomorrow. So I hang up. Then I check Facebook again and the messages are deleted. So i ring again, this time its gone straight to answer phone, shes turned her phone off. So I race round her house and get there for half 12. She's not in, so i wait about an hour and her phone is suddenly on (Half 1) again. She picks up, and after a bit of drilling tells me she gave him a lift home from work, this is wrong because the messages then wouldn't make sense. So after more drilling she tells me she gave him a lift home from the co-op because it was raining, which again doesn't make sense because he said he was at the shop 2 hours ago and the shop shut an hour ago. Then she tells me that they were "chilling in the car" for 10-15 mins talking. Then she dropped him off home and went for an hour drive alone because she had a bad day at work, and thats why she got back so late. But it all dosen't make sense. Why did she randomly turn her phone back on and appear home like she was only a short distance away (His house is close but i dont know where), why did she turn it on while she was driving, and weirdest of all why did he suddnely come back online on facebook as soon as she gets home when he hadnt been on for hours! I don't know what to think or feel right now....
    I probably should add that she denies spending more than the 10-15 mins with him, "didnt think it would be a bid deal" and "didnt tell me because she knew how id react." Also she did apologise half heartedly then shouted at me for asking more questions
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Damien17)
    Me and my girlfriend (Chloe) have been together just over a year. A few months back we broke up for a few weeks were she started to get with this other guy from her workplace (A few years older, doing a flashy degree etc), before she eventually got back with me.
    I've been completely uncomfortable about those guys continuing their relationship because after all she jumped from me to him in a week because "that's how she deals with things" and was essentially going to use him to get over me. Anyway, we agreed that they weren't allowed to spend anytime alone together and I agreed the same about one of my friends (Who she thinks fancies me).
    So last night...
    She had accidentally left her Facebook on my computer a few weeks ago (I never took it off) so i could see she was messaging him all friendly which is fine . This was all about how he was at the local shop buying food (The shop shuts at 11).But then the messages suddenly stop. So I ring my girlfriend and she tells me shes up to "nothing" and she needs to go because she must pack for her holiday tomorrow. So I hang up. Then I check Facebook again and the messages are deleted. So i ring again, this time its gone straight to answer phone, shes turned her phone off. So I race round her house and get there for half 12. She's not in, so i wait about an hour and her phone is suddenly on (Half 1) again. She picks up, and after a bit of drilling tells me she gave him a lift home from work, this is wrong because the messages then wouldn't make sense. So after more drilling she tells me she gave him a lift home from the co-op because it was raining, which again doesn't make sense because he said he was at the shop 2 hours ago and the shop shut an hour ago. Then she tells me that they were "chilling in the car" for 10-15 mins talking. Then she dropped him off home and went for an hour drive alone because she had a bad day at work, and thats why she got back so late. But it all dosen't make sense. Why did she randomly turn her phone back on and appear home like she was only a short distance away (His house is close but i dont know where), why did she turn it on while she was driving, and weirdest of all why did he suddnely come back online on facebook as soon as she gets home when he hadnt been on for hours! I don't know what to think or feel right now....
    I probably should add that she denies spending more than the 10-15 mins with him, "didnt think it would be a bid deal" and "didnt tell me because she knew how id react." Also she did apologise half heartedly then shouted at me for asking more questions
    Looks to me like there is still something going on between them, obviously can't be certain but the fact they have history before sounds like she still has a thing for him.

ReputationRep:
    So last night...
    Dump her but not straight away. Act you only have eyes for her and be very romantic/treat her special, but then start getting with another girl and then let her catch you. Will totally mindf**k her. She might not have actually done anything with the guy this time, but how long do you think it will be before she's seeing him again and "oops, it didnt mean to happen, we just ended up kissing somehow"

ReputationRep:
    Updated situwation: I asked the guy directly and he told me the truth. They were out the whole time together talking and she didn't go for a long drive on her own. Additionally she didn't pick him up, he rang her on his way past her house and she went outside and met him then gave him a lift home.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Being with a liar is going to end in tears. Boring, draining and not soemthing I would recommend continuing.
    If you dont have trust then you dont have much.

ReputationRep:
    So last night...
    She's most likely to be cheating

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Reading back on what you've written do you think how your relationship is set the foundation for a healthy strong relationship in the future? Save yourself the heartache and the wondering what she's doing all the time and whether she's with him by just ending things with her. She's clearly not that into you if she's still seeing this guy and got over you so quickly when you guys broke up

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.