Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does your uni charge for you having visitors? watch

• View Poll Results: Should uni charge for overnight visitors?
    Yes
    6.25%
    No
    93.75%

ReputationRep:
    I've just got my contract pack for uni and it say visitors are only allowed to stay on a weekend which is fine but staying over night (Friday/Saturday nights only) costs £10 a night. Does your uni charge? Why?

ReputationRep:
    I've never heard of the uni charging...and even if they did how could they possibly monitor it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackieox)
    I've never heard of the uni charging...and even if they did how could they possibly monitor it?
    They have security staff I think and if you are caught not paying for visitors you 'may be evicted' but not sure how the security works yet I've not been to the accommodation before

ReputationRep:
    That makes no sense. You're the one paying for accomodation already, you should be allowed to have whoever you want over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wickedisgood)
    That makes no sense. You're the one paying for accomodation already, you should be allowed to have whoever you want over
    Yeah, I'm not living their for free

ReputationRep:
    Totally unenforcable, ignore it.

ReputationRep:
    never heard of this before, three of us slept in my friends room at Uni of Nottingham - had no issue. Then again there is no live security, just a keycard gate

ReputationRep:
    Btw I am going to send the poll to accomodation feedback when it has enough votes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nat__)
    I've just got my contract pack for uni and it say visitors are only allowed to stay on a weekend which is fine but staying over night (Friday/Saturday nights only) costs £10 a night. Does your uni charge? Why?
    Nope, mine didn't. They said guests should only stay for 3 nights at a time and we should let our resident tutors know, but in reality there was no one around to enforce the rules. Even at my friends hall which had a proper 24 hour reception I just had to sign in, not pay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nat__)
    Btw I am going to send the poll to accomodation feedback when it has enough votes
    don't bother, they won't care

just do what you want guest wise, the only time the university will intervene is if they're getting lots of complaints from your flatmates - so just don't let your guest be noisy, steal food etc

ReputationRep:
    Imagine a ONS sloping out in the morning, then getting stopped by security for their debts...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by knope)
    Imagine a ONS sloping out in the morning, then getting stopped by security for their debts...
    I don't think they'd visit again 😂

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.