Does your uni charge for you having visitors?

Watch
Poll: Should uni charge for overnight visitors?
Yes (1)
6.25%
No (15)
93.75%
Nat__
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I've just got my contract pack for uni and it say visitors are only allowed to stay on a weekend which is fine but staying over night (Friday/Saturday nights only) costs £10 a night. Does your uni charge? Why?
Jackieox
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've never heard of the uni charging...and even if they did how could they possibly monitor it?
Nat__
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jackieox)
I've never heard of the uni charging...and even if they did how could they possibly monitor it?
They have security staff I think and if you are caught not paying for visitors you 'may be evicted' but not sure how the security works yet I've not been to the accommodation before
wickedisgood
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That makes no sense. You're the one paying for accomodation already, you should be allowed to have whoever you want over
Nat__
Rep:
?
(Original post by wickedisgood)
That makes no sense. You're the one paying for accomodation already, you should be allowed to have whoever you want over
Yeah, I'm not living their for free
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Totally unenforcable, ignore it.
contradicta
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
never heard of this before, three of us slept in my friends room at Uni of Nottingham - had no issue. Then again there is no live security, just a keycard gate
Nat__
Rep:
?
Btw I am going to send the poll to accomodation feedback when it has enough votes
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Nat__)
I've just got my contract pack for uni and it say visitors are only allowed to stay on a weekend which is fine but staying over night (Friday/Saturday nights only) costs £10 a night. Does your uni charge? Why?
Nope, mine didn't. They said guests should only stay for 3 nights at a time and we should let our resident tutors know, but in reality there was no one around to enforce the rules. Even at my friends hall which had a proper 24 hour reception I just had to sign in, not pay.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Nat__)
Btw I am going to send the poll to accomodation feedback when it has enough votes
don't bother, they won't care

just do what you want guest wise, the only time the university will intervene is if they're getting lots of complaints from your flatmates - so just don't let your guest be noisy, steal food etc
knope
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Imagine a ONS sloping out in the morning, then getting stopped by security for their debts...
Nat__
Rep:
?
(Original post by knope)
Imagine a ONS sloping out in the morning, then getting stopped by security for their debts...
I don't think they'd visit again 😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (94)
13.86%
I'm not sure (32)
4.72%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (214)
31.56%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.36%
I'm not a current university student (322)
47.49%

Watched Threads