(Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    hubble-bubbles
    Eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shishi nee)
    anyone been to one? .................
    yea went to 1 in dubai

ReputationRep:
    yup, used to smoke weed there with friends every sat...it was in trocidaro...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d750)
    Eh?
    The long tube things (which look a bit like bongs) which Arabian guys smoke flavoured tobacco from (bubbled through liquid).

Next question: What is a bong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    The long tube things (which look a bit like bongs) which Arabian guys smoke flavoured tobacco from (bubbled through liquid).

Next question: What is a bong?
    A "bong" you say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d750)
    What are they?
    they're cafes where u smoke tobacco (usually, tho' quite a few smoke other substances...) through a hookah.

ReputationRep:
    i live in dubai so im pretty used to going to those joints , my dad loves shishas , he has 3 at home .... one of which he smokes , the other 2 are mainly decorative pieces(though they could function as a real one easily)

for those who dont know , the stuff u smoke is mainly fruit pulp mixed with tobacco , so u get a very pleasant fruity aste when u smoke , and it smells terrific

ReputationRep:
    They have them in the restaurants near my house. You get like a table and a shisha thing with connections for 4 people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shishi nee)
    they're cafes where u smoke tobacco (usually, tho' quite a few smoke other substances...) through a hookah.
    yeah, a strawberry scented one once in Iran..it was lovely...

ReputationRep:
    they seem to have lots in oxford..hmm..students! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah - there are quite a few in manchester too (down the curry mile, of course!). It's pretty cool - hardly mind altering stuff........(but if u ask behind the counter im sure u get something else - cos the guys who were sitting behind me and my friends were definitely NOT smoking tobacco....!!)

ReputationRep:
    wel i walked past one in amsterdam i think?
    i got high just walking down the street in amsterdam!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    i live in dubai so im pretty used to going to those joints , my dad loves shishas , he has 3 at home .... one of which he smokes , the other 2 are mainly decorative pieces(though they could function as a real one easily)
    Hey - we have one at home for decoration purposes too - Speaking from personal experiences, shisha cafes seem to be a bit of a 'khaliki' hangout....

ReputationRep:
    "khaliki"???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaZyGaL)
    "khaliki"???
    arab guys who just perv on girls etc

ReputationRep:
    ive been to one in london, cant remember what the road is called. all my mates were going on about how good it was, but bit of a let down. its very sweet and after a while, the smell is too sickly. apparently its meant to make you very mellow but from my experience nothing. would have rather smoked something worthwhile.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh there's one here... but I didn't really enjoy myself. I had some cherry one and it gave me a very bad headache.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.