The Student Room Group

Tampons vs pads (girls only)

What do you prefer? I use both during my period ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

I always use pads, I don't really get on with tampons :tongue:
I use both during the first 3-4 days, then only pads after that. I prefer tampons because they make me feel less gross but they still leak and there's the danger of forgetting about them if you're really busy/stressed.
Pads.*
Reply 4
Original post by Welshgirl20

Posted from TSR Mobile

menstrual cup my dude! (+ a thin liner on the first couple of days) they're the best
I prefer tampons but I use pads too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I have only ever used sanitary towels during my period. Never had the notion to try tampons.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pads. I'm really paranoid about toxic shock syndrome.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Welshgirl20

Posted from TSR Mobile

I use both! On the first two days of my period when its heaviest I usually double up and use a tampon and pad, and on my lighter days I use just normal pads. I also only ever sleep in pads, never in tampons
I use pads only, mostly because I don't think it would be comfortable to put tampons in but also because of the risk of TSS.
Tampons + some sort of pad.

Although I wanna try the cup; apparently there's less of a leakage.

Spoiler

I use pads, then liners when my flow is lighter towards the end, tampons seem painful and for me not necessary
Why use either of them when you could use a menstrual cup?

(Okay, I get there are plenty of reasons for wanting to use either, but I've solved pretty much every menstrual problem I've ever had with either by switching; plus it's much more environmentally friendly and cost-effective in the long run!)
Reply 13
I use both too but I prefer tampons.
Original post by knifeprincess
Pads. I'm really paranoid about toxic shock syndrome.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't be ridiculous - change them every few hours - and you won't have a problem
Original post by clonedmemories
Why use either of them when you could use a menstrual cup?

(Okay, I get there are plenty of reasons for wanting to use either, but I've solved pretty much every menstrual problem I've ever had with either by switching; plus it's much more environmentally friendly and cost-effective in the long run!)

Menstrual cap - what - so fiddly - have you ever used a Dutch Cap - that is how I got my daughter....
Pads ftw, it just seems the most natural to let the blood flow out and be caught with the pad. The only problem I have with them is they feel a bit gross on the first few days you have your period and you have to sit in your blood:frown:. They're also horrible for the environment but the thought of using a tampon or diva cup scares me. Also knowing me I'd probably forget I'm even wearing a tampon and end up sticking another one up there.
Original post by squeakysquirrel
Menstrual cap - what - so fiddly - have you ever used a Dutch Cap - that is how I got my daughter....

I have no idea what a Dutch cap is, let alone what that post actually means.
Reply 18
I prefer using tampons, but I have to use both when my period is particularly heavy. For a few years my period lasted for two weeks at a time, so I got through a load of em'!
I use both but I'm just got my diva cup since I'm trying to make the change from tampons to a menstrual cup. I haven't tried it out yet though

Quick Reply

Latest