Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If I wanted to apply for biological sciences with management, would I have to mention why I want to do management as well in my personal statement? Or if I get into just do biological sciences at undergraduate level and when I get there I realise I want to do management with my course as well, can I change it so I'm doing management alongside my biological sciences degree?

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I'll be going into my third year doing Biological Sciences in October so hopefully I can help you!

I'm not sure if anyone has explained the structure of it to you, so if they have just ignore this paragraph! You will do the first two years of the Biological Sciences degree with everyone else without doing any business modules. Then in your third year instead of carrying on to the final year you'll take a year out doing the management side of it in the business school, and then you'll come back for a forth year where you'll do the final year of biology, again without going any business.

There are plenty of people in my year who have asked to be moved onto the management option halfway through the degree without any problem, and plenty of people who have dropped it so it's pretty easy to change.

I would mainly focus your personal statement on Biology, possibly add a sentence saying something like 'I am especially interested in the business management side of biology', but don't waste space on it. You don't want to end up disadvantaging yourself at other universities because they think you prefer business to biology!

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I was stressing over this during the holidays😀

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.