Science degrees that only require one science a level?

Watch
Fcart
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
what science degrees are available for someone who only has chemistry a level? most seem to need at least two science subjects at a level
Athematica
Badges: 18
Report 4 years ago
Those with a foundation year, for one.

Beyond that, I'm unsure.
Ninjasrule
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It doesn't necessarily depend on the course, it depends on the uni.

But yeah as Athematica suggested, there are foundation degrees too.
sindyscape62
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Plenty of chemistry degrees only specify chemistry A level. Nottingham's chemistry course page doesn't list any other sciences as requirements, neither does Birmingham's, Southampton says other sciences/maths are preferable but not necessary to get an offer, and Newcastle are the same and that's only from a quick search- I'm sure you can find more options.
troubadour.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Fcart)
what science degrees are available for someone who only has chemistry a level? most seem to need at least two science subjects at a level
What other subjects do you have? The only one I know of which requires just one science subject is biology/biological sciences, but you have the wrong science for that.
Fcart
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Hydeman)
What other subjects do you have? The only one I know of which requires just one science subject is biology/biological sciences, but you have the wrong science for that.
I have English lit and Classics A level and an As level in Physics (which is a really bad grade). I've seen some chemistry degrees where you only need chemistry a level, so i'm hoping for something like that
username2088165
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Some Geology degrees only require one science A Level
troubadour.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Fcart)
I have English lit and Classics A level and an As level in Physics (which is a really bad grade). I've seen some chemistry degrees where you only need chemistry a level, so i'm hoping for something like that
I see. :holmes:

I would suggest you take some time (a gap year, even) to figure out what you really want to do at university, doing an additional A Level if necessary. Given the expense of university, it's not really worth settling for whatever science subject (it's not enough to want to do 'a science') you can get into. Only do chemistry if you really want to do chemistry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (17)
37.78%
No - I have already returned home (7)
15.56%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (8)
17.78%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (2)
4.44%
No - I live at home during term anyway (11)
24.44%

Watched Threads