The Student Room Group

Neeeeeeeeed some real help!

Hi! I have a Grade C in maths and english language
I'm currently doing Biology Psychology and sociology
I need chemistry to do pharmacy shall I repeat my GCSE maths to achieve a higher grade and take a gap year to do ALEVEL chemistry
OR
should apply for a foundation year so i can go into pharmacy?

HELPPPPPPP
Its very useful to do A level Chemistry :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Chemistrykkk
Its very useful to do A level Chemistry :smile:

In the foundation year it says it will be biology chemistry and maths so I don't really know now
Doing alevel chemistry I'd have todo it privately at home but in thinking would I need alot of help because it's a hard subject

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wait,so you are not in college now?I m currently doing my A2 level chemistry and yes its really challenging.
Reply 4
Wait,so you are not in college now?I m currently doing my A2 level chemistry and yes its really challenging.

Noo I'm awaiting my AS results but I only do biology psychology and sociology and will be going into A2 (hopefully)
So I was thinking to take a gap year doing chemistry As and A2 in 1 year
But doing it on my own + tuition will it be okay or too hard

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awh man you should have chosen chemistry in the first place when u took A levels because Chemistry is actually the main subject that unis are looking for.. if u wanna study pharmacy.You can do that ..like AS and A2 chem in a year,that's possible bcoz that's what im doing too aahah.Just a reminder that ur AS and A2 results are only valid within the 2 years of the whole A level course as in your exams can be taken in this 2 yrs only.ALL DA BEST! :smile:
Reply 6
Awh man you should have chosen chemistry in the first place when u took A levels because Chemistry is actually the main subject that unis are looking for.. if u wanna study pharmacy.You can do that ..like AS and A2 chem in a year,that's possible bcoz that's what im doing too aahah.Just a reminder that ur AS and A2 results are only valid within the 2 years of the whole A level course as in your exams can be taken in this 2 yrs only.ALL DA BEST! :smile:

I wasn't able to take chem due to my C grade in maths :/
And what do you mean, can't I apply for university the following year after completing the alevel chemistry along with the previous alevels iv done?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cannot take chemistry A levels just because you get a grade C in Maths IGCSE?I mean the A level results will only be considered if you complete it within 2 yrs...For example..if u've done ur AS in may/June 2016.then your A2 in Oct/Nov...ur final sitting can only be in May/June 2017 ..then uni will accept u.If you do in Oct/Nov 2017..then ur validity for AS results consider more than one year...so uni will reject :frown: You know what,you shud really talk to ir teacher about this matter!Good Luck!
Reply 8
Original post by goal101
Hi! I have a Grade C in maths and english language
I'm currently doing Biology Psychology and sociology
I need chemistry to do pharmacy shall I repeat my GCSE maths to achieve a higher grade and take a gap year to do ALEVEL chemistry
OR
should apply for a foundation year so i can go into pharmacy?

HELPPPPPPP

I don't think you need chemistry a level. You can still get into uni for pharmacy with biology instead of chemistry for example I think Lincoln uni accepts your subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending