Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!

To those of you who are applying to university this year, make sure you follow these steps when writing your personal statement:

1) Use the following font when writing your personal statement on Microsoft Word (I am using the 2010 version in case you're wondering):

Font Name: Consolas

Font size: 9.5

This font exactly matches the one on the UCAS bit where you have to paste your personal statement.

2) Make sure you customize the margins on your Microsoft Document into the following sizes: (see attached picture)

You can see how both texts look exactly the same on one of the pictures i have attached (the text on the blue box is from the UCAS website and the text on the green box is the one in the word document using the font i detailed previously).

These steps will hopefully help to match the number of lines of your personal statement on the word document with the one on the UCAS website so you don't end up editing your personal statement in the last minute.

I hope this trick helps you and good luck with your personal statement!

Peace out!
    Attached Images

•  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    x
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    x

ReputationRep:
    I thought i posted it in the right place XD. I'll make sure i post it in the subject forum too. Thanks Jessica and Fox = D
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by aabdelwahab1)
    Hello everyone!

To those of you who are applying to university this year, make sure you follow these steps when writing your personal statement:

1) Use the following font when writing your personal statement on Microsoft Word (I am using the 2010 version in case you're wondering):

Font Name: Consolas

Font size: 9.5

This font exactly matches the one on the UCAS bit where you have to paste your personal statement.

2) Make sure you customize the margins on your Microsoft Document into the following sizes: (see attached pictures)

You can see how both texts look exactly the same on one of the pictures i have attached (the text on the blue box is from the UCAS website and the text on the green box is the one in the word document using the font i detailed previously).

These steps will hopefully help to match the number of lines of your personal statement on the word document with the one on the UCAS website so you don't end up editing your personal statement in the last minute.

I hope this trick helps you and good luck with your personal statement!

Peace out!
    Why do you keep re-posting this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Why do you keep re-posting this?
    I wanted to move the thread to the A-Levels forum but ended up accidentally reposting it there and I couldn't figure out how to remove it from there.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.