Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well, what is it?

I have a couple, and they're all by Dumbledore. He really is a brilliant man!

"I don't mean to be rude", he [Vernon] began, in a tone that threatened rudeness in every syllable."Yet sadly accidental rudeness occurs alarmingly often," Dumbledore finished the sentence gravely. "Best to say nothing at all, my dear man."

"Yes," said Harry. "He (the Minister of Magic) is not very happy with me."
    "No," sighed Dumbledore. "He is not very happy with me, either. We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on."

"I would assume that you were going to offer me refreshment, but the evidence so far suggests that that would be optimistic to the point of foolishness"

I'm not a real HP geek... I just reread that book last week!

ReputationRep:
    Is this actually in OotP? I can't remember..

"Who cares? I mean, it's kind of exciting, isn't it? Breaking the rules?"
    "Who are you, and what have you done with Hermione Granger?

ReputationRep:
    my favourite quotes are always the conversations between Harry and the Dursleys. JKR has definitely got a sense of humour.

Here is one of them--
    "We're not stupid, you know," said Uncle Vernon.
    "Well, that's news to me," said Harry,his temper rising.....(from OotP, 1st chapter)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I like the anti-Dursley ones too

'Petunia often said that Dudley looked like a baby angel. Harry often said Dudley looked like a pig in a wig'

"Not as stupid as you look, are you Dudley? But then if you were you wouldn't be able to walk and talk at the same time"

I also like:

"You're dead, Potter" sneered Malfoy.
    "Funny," said Harry, "You'd have thought I'd have stopped walking around"

ReputationRep:
    I have a few that are my fav also check this out http://www.quotegarden.com/bk-hp.html

My fav are :
    sometimes find, and I am sure you know the feeling, that I simply have too many thoughts and memories crammed into my mind.... At these times... I use the Pensieve. One simply siphons the excess thoughts from one's mind, pours them into the basin, and examines them at one's leisure. ~J.K. Rowling, "The Pensieve," Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, 2000, spoken by the character Albus Dumbledore

and
    If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals. ~J.K. Rowling, "Padfoot Returns," Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, 2000, spoken by the character Sirius Black

ReputationRep:
    and this one lol

Albus tells Harry, "...we shall be leaving the firm foundation of fact and journeying together through the murky marshes of memory into thickets of wildest guesswork. From here on in, Harry, I may be as woefully wrong as Humphrey Belcher, who believed the time was ripe for a cheese cauldron."

ReputationRep:
    Some great quotes so far

A couple of my favorites are:

Uncle Vernon swelled ominously. His sense of outrage seemed to outweigh even his fear of oddballs.
    "Are you threatening me, sir?" he said, so loudly that passers-by actually turned to stare.
    "Yes, I am," said Mad-Eye, who seemed rather pleased that Uncle Vernon had grasped this fact so quickly

and the slightly more serious:

"I DON'T CARE!" Harry yelled at them, snatching up a lunascope and throwing it into the fireplace. "I'VE HAD ENOUGH, I'VE SEEN ENOUGH, I WANT OUT, I WANT IT TO END, I DON'T CARE ANYMORE…"

"You do care," said Dumbledore. He had not flinched or made a single move to stop Harry demolishing his office… "You care so much you feel as though you will bleed to death with the pain of it."

ReputationRep:
    "It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live."

ReputationRep:
    Ooo. I can't remember this exactly. I'll get the book and type it out properly later but..

Mrs Weasley 'Ron! A prefect! That's everyone in the family!'
    'What are me and George? The neighbours?'

It just makes me giggle everytime. Also, the 'sir' incident Harry has with Snape. Harry: 'Yes'. Snape: 'Yes, sir'. harry: 'Ohh there's no need to call me sir, professor'.

Yeaaaa. I'll type them out when I'm at home.

ReputationRep:
    i cant remember the exact bit but i like the part when Fred and George say they know they are Gred and Forge :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    "We could all have been killed - or worse, expelled"
    - said by who other than dear Hermione in Book 1, The Midnight Duel

Ron, just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all do.
    - another Hermione classic, Book 5

Well, we find we appreciate you more and more, Mum, now we're washing our own socks.
    - George Weasley, Book 6

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucyatthegym)
    Ooo. I can't remember this exactly. I'll get the book and type it out properly later but..

Mrs Weasley 'Ron! A prefect! That's everyone in the family!'
    'What are me and George? The neighbours?'
    :rofl: That's one of my favourites too.

ReputationRep:
    "You're a wizard Harry!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friggerpants)
    "You're a wizard Harry!"
    "You're a woman, Harry" :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Can't remember the exact quote but I like the one where one of Maloy's mates takes polyjuice potion to look like a girl and Harry knows and creeps up on him and whispers 'your a pretty girl aren't you?'

ReputationRep:
    And there's another one--

cant remmeber it exactly. But fred and george said they will bring back toilet seats for MRs Weasley when she asked them to behave. It's from the 1st book. *giggles*

ReputationRep:
    ahahah, anything said by Fred and George is quality, especilly the "what are fred and I, next door neightbours?" one, also Freds final words in Hogwarts-"Give her hell from us, Peeves," and how Peeves actually salutes them-I love that bit!

I dont know why but I love the descriptions of Snape swooping around like an overgrown bat all the time-really makes me laugh!

ReputationRep:
    "But Harry -- what if You-Know-Who's with him?"
    "Well -- I was lucky once, wasn't I?" said Harry, pointing at his scar. "I might get lucky again."
    Hermione's lip trembled, and she suddenly dashed at Harry and threw her arms around him.
    "Hermione!"
    "Harry -- you're a great wizard, you know."
    "I'm not as good as you," said Harry, very embarrassed, as she let go of him.
    "Me!" said Hermione. "Books! And cleverness! There are more important things -- friendship and bravery and -- oh Harry -- be careful!"

ReputationRep:
    Can't quite find the quotes...but when Hermione hugs Harry or compliments him and Ron gest jealous... Those moments are hilarious!

ReputationRep:
    Haha, these are great :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.