Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

pulled muscle in sleep, can barely walk watch

So as the title. I woke up about 4am thursday night to a huge pain in my upper calf near the back of my knee. It was probably about a 9/10 pain, it was just incredible. I couldn't move my leg at all and so lay there trying to move to try and get rid of the pain. After about 2 or 3 minutes the intense pain passed and left a bad but not really bad pain in my leg there.

Yesterday and today I can barely walk as it hurts so much to move my lower leg. This is actually the 3rd time this has happened in the past 4 months or so. Exactly the same every time. I need to know how to stop it happening because the pain is so intense and it's a huge inconvenience having to hobble everywhere. Before these 3 times this has never happened before in my life. As far as I can tell, nothing has changed.

What can I do?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So as the title. I woke up about 4am thursday night to a huge pain in my upper calf near the back of my knee. It was probably about a 9/10 pain, it was just incredible. I couldn't move my leg at all and so lay there trying to move to try and get rid of the pain. After about 2 or 3 minutes the intense pain passed and left a bad but not really bad pain in my leg there.

Yesterday and today I can barely walk as it hurts so much to move my lower leg. This is actually the 3rd time this has happened in the past 4 months or so. Exactly the same every time. I need to know how to stop it happening because the pain is so intense and it's a huge inconvenience having to hobble everywhere. Before these 3 times this has never happened before in my life. As far as I can tell, nothing has changed.

What can I do?
    You may not have pulled a muscle. You may actually be having trouble with your sciatic nerve. It can be very very painful; I know what it's like. You need to keep using your leg, even if it is sore. A day or so of rest is okay, but any more than that and you won't be helping it. See your doctor and see what they suggest. I wish you the best!

ReputationRep:
    Go to your GP and explain the situation.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes this happens to me and I like "dislocate" my calf muscle, but it's really just cramps...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I get this too- I haven't spoke to my dr about it but I've found its when I haven't drank enough water that day, try drinking lucozade sport or something that's high in vitamins/ supplements- I think this is what you may have:
    http://www.m.webmd.com/sleep-disorde...topic-overview

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 14, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.