pulled muscle in sleep, can barely walk Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So as the title. I woke up about 4am thursday night to a huge pain in my upper calf near the back of my knee. It was probably about a 9/10 pain, it was just incredible. I couldn't move my leg at all and so lay there trying to move to try and get rid of the pain. After about 2 or 3 minutes the intense pain passed and left a bad but not really bad pain in my leg there.

Yesterday and today I can barely walk as it hurts so much to move my lower leg. This is actually the 3rd time this has happened in the past 4 months or so. Exactly the same every time. I need to know how to stop it happening because the pain is so intense and it's a huge inconvenience having to hobble everywhere. Before these 3 times this has never happened before in my life. As far as I can tell, nothing has changed.

What can I do?
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So as the title. I woke up about 4am thursday night to a huge pain in my upper calf near the back of my knee. It was probably about a 9/10 pain, it was just incredible. I couldn't move my leg at all and so lay there trying to move to try and get rid of the pain. After about 2 or 3 minutes the intense pain passed and left a bad but not really bad pain in my leg there.

Yesterday and today I can barely walk as it hurts so much to move my lower leg. This is actually the 3rd time this has happened in the past 4 months or so. Exactly the same every time. I need to know how to stop it happening because the pain is so intense and it's a huge inconvenience having to hobble everywhere. Before these 3 times this has never happened before in my life. As far as I can tell, nothing has changed.

What can I do?
You may not have pulled a muscle. You may actually be having trouble with your sciatic nerve. It can be very very painful; I know what it's like. You need to keep using your leg, even if it is sore. A day or so of rest is okay, but any more than that and you won't be helping it. See your doctor and see what they suggest. I wish you the best!
STLJA
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Go to your GP and explain the situation.
xWanderlustx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sometimes this happens to me and I like "dislocate" my calf muscle, but it's really just cramps...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Paperflowersxx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I get this too- I haven't spoke to my dr about it but I've found its when I haven't drank enough water that day, try drinking lucozade sport or something that's high in vitamins/ supplements- I think this is what you may have:
http://www.m.webmd.com/sleep-disorde...topic-overview
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (12)
22.22%
No (42)
77.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed