Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i have a scar below my lip from when i got meningitus and my face was really swollen and had brusing and really big coldsores,

and i just saw an add for bio oil, saying it gets rid of scars,

also it helps uneven skin tone, my arms have always been uneven sort of has red like rashes on them, will this help, i used sudacrem but it is really thick and makes me skin smell

i was wondering if bio oil works???

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it fades scars. I have a big one down my chest from a heart op and it used to be quite red, but Bio Oil has faded it to white. You can still tell its there, because it is scar tissue rather than normal skin, but it looks much better. I have tried it on my stretch marks, but it didn't really make a difference.

ReputationRep:
    Whats in Bio Oil?

personally id recommend Aloe Vera, in the purest form you can get hold of..

ReputationRep:
    yeah i had a similar scar on my face and it nearly gone now you can only see it when im brown now

ReputationRep:
    Think it works better for scars, so you might want to try it.
    Doesn't work so well for stretch marks though - haven't really seen any change with mine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelil)
    Think it works better for scars, so you might want to try it.
    Doesn't work so well for stretch marks though - haven't really seen any change with mine
    It's worked quite well on a scar I have on my tummy, so have started using it on stretch marks, however only been a few days so I will see if there's any noticeable change soon I guess!

ReputationRep:
    anyone know if it works for acne scars?

ReputationRep:
    How would putting more oil onto someone who's already prone to acne (and therefore oily skin) do any good? Just doesn't seem logical to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by logicallyinsane)
    anyone know if it works for acne scars?
    Yeah that what i orginaly bought it for works wonders on them especially the little purple bumpy ones.

How long does it take to work on scars?? I got some of it yesterday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelil)
    How would putting more oil onto someone who's already prone to acne (and therefore oily skin) do any good? Just doesn't seem logical to me.
    Haha:p:

i find that if i leave the scars alone they gradually fade away within a week, so don't do anything to it

ReputationRep:
    ^^ I can't believe for one second that that would work, sorry. I generally find in my experience that products containing oil make my already oily skin worse.

Though having said that, if anyone's tried it with success, let me know :p:

ReputationRep:
    by the same site:
    Customer Review - Write a review
    Great Product
    "Just wanted to say what a great product. I first tried the trial size as I wasn't sure if I would get on with the oil. I have oily skin and frequently get spots and was a bit reluctant to put 'more' oil on my skin. However, I have been very impressed with the results. It certainly does regulate the production of oil and it also makes the complexion brighter. It's great that Dr.Hauschka offer trial sizes as it is a really good way of trying products without having to spend out on the full product. Well done!"

Anonymous
    there you go =P

ReputationRep:
    Sadly, the reviews on those sites are often fake. Of course the website selling the product will only ever offer good reviews...

ReputationRep:
    There may be people who find that it helps with oily skin, but I won't even dare putting it anywhere near my face. My skin is way too sensitive for the majority of products available, and putting any form on my skin is just a big no-no.

ReputationRep:
    Dr Hauschka is one of the top skincare brands though.

ReputationRep:
    That may be so, but that doesn't mean that it works for everybody.

ReputationRep:
    well i suppose, but i find their 'philosophy's quite good as they aim to 'suit' everyone. have a look at its website :p:

ReputationRep:
    My face reacts to all soaps, sterile solutions, complex oils, basic oils, most moisturisers....the list goes on. There are very few products that don't do something nasty to my skin, and now that I've found some that work (and that are quite cheap), I see no reason to risk any more painful allergic reactions. Sorry :p:

ReputationRep:
    i find bio oil works well on scars for me. it's not a quick fix though it takes time.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.