Need help with finance letter!! Watch

SilenceinTwilight
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hey everyone, I would really appreciate some help if anyone can!

I just got my letter from the LEA and a few things on it have confused me. First it says my assessment status is provisional, can anyone explain what this means to me?

Second, on the sheet telling me how much finance I'm entitled to the assessment status says 'Not Financially Assessed' which I assume to mean income assessed. This confuses me again because I applied for income assessed support as well so does that mean I'm not entitled to income support?

And finally, does anyone know when the first lot of money comes through? My course starts on the 15th so I'm really hoping I get the money before that :confused:

Thanks in advance!
bluenoxid
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Thats a new one to me. My advice would be to ring them up and ask what it means.
Greenmile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Very confusing.

As a new student, you need to provide documentary evidence of everything written on the form. If all the evidence isn't provided, sometimes the LEA can do a provisional assessment, which basically means that they assess it based on what's written on the form, but that this will only become confirmed when you provide the evidence (so your award could be subject to change).

This usually happens if one of your parents is self-employed, as they won't have their accounts for April 2007 yet. But it could also be that they need proof of your parent's single status (if applicable), or if there was £3 bank interest written on the form, but no proof of that, your assessment would be provisional until evidence is received.

However, if they really need the information, they would assess you as non-means tested until the evidence is provided. They should write to you and tell you what is required.

What's confusing is that non-means tested awards are not usually provisional. I imagine that they were going to process you provisionally, changed their minds and decided to do it non-means tested but forgot to uncheck the provisional box.

To clear this up, it would be best to contact your LEA and ask them what evidence is outstanding, so that you can provide it and get your assessment finalised.
Greenmile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You should also get a payment schedule within 14 days of the start of your course which will tell you when your payment dates are (although, don't use them as gospel, as the money doesn't always go in on the specified date)
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (108)
41.54%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (83)
31.92%
I don't have an opinion (69)
26.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed