Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Pretty nice! It was a completely unexpected present from my parents

It's in absolutely perfect condition, just had a new exhaust and fairly new tyres - and it's only done 17k too!

ReputationRep:
    Very nice =)
    Congrats on the great gift

ReputationRep:
    That looks quite tidy.

I think the first thing i'd do if it were mine is to fabricate a new grille in stainless steel to replace the black plastic.
    It'd only take a few evenings work and would look smashing.

Thats actually really attractive for a city car.

ReputationRep:
    #zomg# very jealous! nicely done mate! x

ReputationRep:
    Not bad as far as free cars go :P Nice one.

ReputationRep:
    Nice, for a car that size I always liked the way that Punto looked.

ReputationRep:
    I had one of them up until I had my Mini last year, really nice car

ReputationRep:
    I am jealous, fecking posh people And there is me thinking we are posh because we own two bangers worth £300 each .

Nice cars them puntos, just keep an eye on gearbox oil levels, get it serviced (not by rip off FIAT) and you should get a good 100,000 trouble free miles out of it.

PS Is is it taken outside the entrance of your parents country estate ?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on your new car.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    I am jealous, f...... posh people And there is me thinking we are posh because we own two bangers worth £300 each .

Nice cars them puntos, just keep an eye on gearbox oil levels, get it serviced (not by rip off FIAT) and you should get a good 100,000 trouble free miles out of it.

PS Is is it taken outside the entrance of your parents country estate ?
    My Mum also has a Punto identical to mine (except hers in blue, has a sunroof and trip computer) so I'm used to driving it already.

My parents actually bought it from the same Fiat dealership that they bought a new Punto from 3 years ago. It included servicing and valet prior to purchase, and an extra 1 year warranty all for a really good price. I've found similar cars with much more mileage being sold for more in AutoTrader, so I think they got a really good deal. Our local Fiat dealership have been great whenever my Mum or Dad's needed servicing, and not too expensive either.

I think the photo takes it way of context! That was taken in Winchester, next to the public school. We're definitely not posh or rich at all.

In case anyone knows the answer to this... I was wondering if my car had a trip computer or not, as it would be useful to view the MPG. It has the 'Trip' button on the end of the window wiper lever (is 'lever' even the right word?), but it doesn't seem to do anything and the time is constantly displayed on the dashboard LED. Is this just Fiat saving costs by only having one type of lever, no matter if you have the trip computer or not?

Alex

lovely! congratulations my boy :driving:

ReputationRep:
    Nice tidy car you got there.

Whats the engine size? 1.2?

ReputationRep:
    I'd guess it's the 16v 1.2, looks like a reasonable spec. I knew someone with the Active Sport in the same engine size, it gives out 80bhp and was impressively fast for it's engine size!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.