Turn on thread page Beta

18th Birthday - where to go in London - suggestions are welcomed! :) watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi

not sure whether this goes here. But, as you can tell from the title im 18 on 4th August (Saturday) and im going to London. However, i just can't decide on a club to go to. I like R'n'b/Garage/Dance/Indie. So its all good what ever. Tell me what you think about these suggestions ive been given so far:

1.fabric
    2.pacha
    3.the cross
    4. turnmills
    5. Egg
    6.Koko
    7.ministry of sound.

are they any good??!!

thanks for looking at my post, SBJ x

ReputationRep:
    You're probably best off going into town, finding a cheapish pub (like a yates, lloyds or wetherspoons) and then see where you end up after that rather than planning on going somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure i got told MoS is over 21s...could be another club.
    Your best bet is Fabric i think-as i've only ever heard good reviews. I also suggest you drink before you go out £8.40 for a double vodka and coke is not on.

ReputationRep:
    Krystal or Movida

ReputationRep:
    nah mos is 18+. it really depends on what kind of music you like. fabric is rubbish on saturdays unless you like electro, it's more known for its dnb nights so go on friday and celebrate at midnight. you should check the listings on your bday and see who's playing and pick which you like. if it's a big night i suggest you buy tickets in advace.

going to a pub and seeing where you end up may not be a good idea since london queues get pretty ridiculous if you don't show up early/book tickets in advance.

edit:

i've just checked the dnb listings for your celebration day. didn't bother to look at the other genres suggested up there since i'm not really into that type of music.

on 3 auguest, there's a SICKKK party at the end near holborn. renegade hardware (the record label) does these parties every few months. i've been to two and they were absolutely smashing. 3 of my favourite djs are playing (calyx, teebee, fierce), two of which played one of the best sets i've heard EVER. book tickets though, they're cheaper than at the door and the end is a great venue. true bass junkies are abundant.

you've got fabric as well. djs are more mainstream but if you're not too much into dnb then you probably won't care :p: it's a great venue though, MASSIVE but you do get idiots going there sometimes but definitely an experience.

on 4 august, there's another party at a place called hidden to which i've never been. they've got 3 rooms one is techstep dnb, another oldskool/jungle and another breaks. the djs aren't as good as the ones at the end but you'll get a lot more variety. you should book tickets to this too since the promoters are celebrating a birthday.

good luck, hope you have a badass night.

ReputationRep:
    I looked at Hidden. Looked pretty sick - Old school Nicky Blackmarket is gonna be there. lol only like £12 ticket!

My friends recently went to Fabric on a Saturday said it was a full of foreign people, no young people either. Plus, music is not as good.

Thing is if i went out on friday, i'd still wanna do stuff on saturday night. So i think its best if i go out on the 4th.

yeah? I justw ant somewhere where me and myfriends can go to to rave it up, have a laugh. Get wasted.

L x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dark and Lovely)
    I'm sure i got told MoS is over 21s...could be another club.
    Your best bet is Fabric i think-as i've only ever heard good reviews. I also suggest you drink before you go out £8.40 for a double vodka and coke is not on.
    :eek3:

That's outrageous. Personally, I prefer going to places where I don't need to take out a personal loan in order to buy a drink. Start off in a yates' or 'spoons or summit then randomly wander about until you walk past somewhere that sounds very noisy and looks cheapish :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dementedbunny)
    nah mos is 18+. it really depends on what kind of music you like. fabric is rubbish on saturdays unless you like electro, it's more known for its dnb nights so go on friday and celebrate at midnight. you should check the listings on your bday and see who's playing and pick which you like. if it's a big night i suggest you buy tickets in advace.

going to a pub and seeing where you end up may not be a good idea since london queues get pretty ridiculous if you don't show up early/book tickets in advance.

edit:

i've just checked the dnb listings for your celebration day. didn't bother to look at the other genres suggested up there since i'm not really into that type of music.

on 3 auguest, there's a SICKKK party at the end near holborn. renegade hardware (the record label) does these parties every few months. i've been to two and they were absolutely smashing. 3 of my favourite djs are playing (calyx, teebee, fierce), two of which played one of the best sets i've heard EVER. book tickets though, they're cheaper than at the door and the end is a great venue. true bass junkies are abundant.

you've got fabric as well. djs are more mainstream but if you're not too much into dnb then you probably won't care :p: it's a great venue though, MASSIVE but you do get idiots going there sometimes but definitely an experience.

on 4 august, there's another party at a place called hidden to which i've never been. they've got 3 rooms one is techstep dnb, another oldskool/jungle and another breaks. the djs aren't as good as the ones at the end but you'll get a lot more variety. you should book tickets to this too since the promoters are celebrating a birthday.

good luck, hope you have a badass night.

Yeah it coulda been pacha....

oh and to the person who suggest Mo*vida....don't bother unless you get yourself on the guest list even then you might not get in.

ReputationRep:
    I looked at Pacha website and it said 21 and over!! How gay is that!!! SBJ x

ReputationRep:
    I went to the Roxy to celebrate my turning 18 indie clubs FTW

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Sparkle*)
    You're probably best off going into town, finding a cheapish pub (like a yates, lloyds or wetherspoons) and then see where you end up after that rather than planning on going somewhere.
    That's usually the way of starting a rather average night. You won't get into any of the big clubs by turning up at midnight at the door, after leaving your yates or o'neills pub and will probably just get into the lower-quality leicester sq clubs. It can still be a laugh but not the best way to have a MASSIVE night.

SBJ, Turnmills is great. Since Fabric is on the scene and every kid and tourist in London only has that word in their mouth, it's become more low-key, which has its advantages. People who go to Turnmills tend to really enjoy their house/techno, and go there for the music.

I can imagine that Pacha is good for girls but as I've never been...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skinnyblackjeans)
    I looked at Hidden. Looked pretty sick - Old school Nicky Blackmarket is gonna be there. lol only like £12 ticket!

My friends recently went to Fabric on a Saturday said it was a full of foreign people, no young people either. Plus, music is not as good.

Thing is if i went out on friday, i'd still wanna do stuff on saturday night. So i think its best if i go out on the 4th.

yeah? I justw ant somewhere where me and myfriends can go to to rave it up, have a laugh. Get wasted.

L x
    The Gallery @ Turnmills is probably one of the best known club nights after Fabric.
    Only 12 quid in advance. Only problem is it's on Fridays...
    http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/tickets/...FQwzZAod7zm41A

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.