Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Isn't this just terrible situation to be in? watch

ReputationRep:
    Met this really cute and quirky Australian girl at this hostel I'm staying at. We got talking over some drinks about our travels, where we're from, what we plan to do, etc... And she told me how she has been travelling since March.

Anyway, she mentioned how everything had been great until her now ex boyfriend suddenly dumped her and went back to the Oz without her. She's been on her own ever since.

There was a lot of sexual tension between us and we did end up making out, but I could feel myself really falling for her so I didn't want to risk taking it further. It's hard to explain sometimes, but I just couldn't.

Isn't that just horrible though? Planning a trip with a partner who just dumps you and goes home without you?!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he dumped her because she's the kind of girl that likes to kiss other guys when she travels. Maybe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    Met this really cute and quirky Australian girl at this hostel I'm staying at. We got talking over some drinks about our travels, where we're from, what we plan to do, etc... And she told me how she has been travelling since March.

Anyway, she mentioned how everything had been great until her now ex boyfriend suddenly dumped her and went back to the Oz without her. She's been on her own ever since.

There was a lot of sexual tension between us and we did end up making out, but I could feel myself really falling for her so I didn't want to risk taking it further. It's hard to explain sometimes, but I just couldn't.

Isn't that just horrible though? Planning a trip with a partner who just dumps you and goes home without you?!
    Mate dont automatically assume she's the victim. He probably dumped her for a very good reason. Go in for the smash, but be sure to keep your guard up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !!mentor!!)
    Maybe he dumped her because she's the kind of girl that likes to kiss other guys when she travels. Maybe.
    Exactly, dont assume she 's the victim. Women will spin any tale whatsoever to avoid blame / get what they want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)

No, it's not a horrible situation because she met you and it was better for her boyfriend to be honest rather than string her along or worse if he stayed in this country but dumped her for someone else or cheated on her, that would be worse.
    She's a big girl, she will have to just deal with it plus getting with you so soon after wards shows she did not care much or she was trying to get over him.
    But you have not helped her in anyway by doing the same by not sticking with her.

Why didn't you want her?
    She probably feels just as bad after what you did
    Even though it was too soon It would have helped her a great deal if she met someone who stuck by her and took her mind off what her boyfriend did
    I know it might come across as harsh or blaming you but if you like someone you have to take the chance and risk being hurt.

And what's this bull about falling for her but didn't want to take the risk ?
    You should tell her all those things so she does not feel like crap and ask her out properly but say you want to take things slow or just as friends to start with that way there's no pressure. If you just leave it the way you did you might regret it years later because when her boyfriend dumped her maybe it was fate that she met you. If your single and don't meet anyone you really like for a long time you will definitely regret not persuing her and letting her go.
    Maybe at least get her number and address in Australia in case you change your mind

"DON'T BE AFRAID TO FAIL
    BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY"

"SOMETIMES , ALL A GIRL WANTS IS FOR YOU TO FIGHT FOR HER
    MAKE HER UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WANT THIS RELATIONSHIP
    AS MUCH AS SHE DOES"

These are just some interesting quotes i saw on Pinterest, look them up
    They might help you in makng decisions about lots of differents things in life
    And in your relationships

ReputationRep:
    Get in there son

ReputationRep:
    of course it is, the guy is a grade A a**hole

could have at least waited it out until they got back and then broke up with her? guess it was just easier this way, dump her and run back

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.