Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i end up studying/revising like 1-3 days before exams. i dont want to do that because i know i wont do well if i do. however, i struggle to get motivated to study a while before so i can actually do well.

does anyone have any motivation tips to stop me procrastinating and help me actually do something?!?!

ReputationRep:
    Make a vision board. Place pictures of anything you wish to achieve, may it be your dream job, house or the university you wish to go to. Anything you want and place it somewhere where you can see it whilst your studying (Desk maybe). Always works for me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HollieNR)
    i end up studying/revising like 1-3 days before exams. i dont want to do that because i know i wont do well if i do. however, i struggle to get motivated to study a while before so i can actually do well.

does anyone have any motivation tips to stop me procrastinating and help me actually do something?!?!
    My motivator is that the effort will pay off the end, with the uni, and thus the career, of your dreams, and, also, that there'll be less stress for the exam if you're well prepared

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HollieNR)

You don't stay motivated. It comes and goes like waves.

The best way to get yourself to study is to force yourself to do it anyway, even if you don't want to. You don't need motivation to actually study, and if you rely on it, you probably won't revise enough.

This is the most honest answer you could get on this issue

ReputationRep:
    Convincing yourself that you're interested in the topic even if you aren't
    Thinking of results day / the end goal (this works for me though I know for some they need instant rewards as a long-term reward doesn't motivate them)
    Surround yourself with revision in your revision space so you can see your produce
    Look at Studyblr blogs !! This one was sooo so good for me and kept me constantly motivated, or even make a Studyblr blog, it's a really nice community and they all encourage eachother to keep motivated during exams

ReputationRep:
    What really helps for me is just going to the library in the morning and staying there till 5-6pm (with breaks) that way I'm in an environment where I'mForced to study

ReputationRep:
    A schedule can be helpful. A bit of rivalry with your friends can be useful too. Maybe the best thing you can do is ask yourself "Why do I want to do well?" You could make a list of your reasons, and go over the list in your head whenever you are trying to motivate yourself to revise. That way it might mean more to you. Even just an hour of revision a day for 3 or 4 weeks will be much more helpful than a day or two of cramming. It'll be a lot less stressful as well.

ReputationRep:
    Try to make yourself enjoy the subject you are learning. Also you can look on Google for motivating quotes. It'll all pay off in the end

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.