Hair Bleaching TWICE- HELP!!

Watch
spicyrice
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi guys (sorry for this essay):

On Friday 12th I bleached my hair (more), and I am currently wondering how long I have to wait before bleaching again.

*My dilemma:
I have results night on Thursday 18th and my hair is now basically yellow/orange- even after toning!! I want to know how long I have to wait until bleaching again?? (please read the "bleaching TWICE" paragraph at least to hear me out)

*My hair:
My hair is down to my hips and naturally very dark brown/black. I have had ombre hair for the past 3 years and gradually turned it from rusty orange to a honey blonde- as well as bringing the ombre higher (chest height). However recently I have had the urge to bleach the majority of it blonde starting about 2 inches from my roots.

*Bleaching my hair:
On Friday I got my mum to help me and we bleached my hair using Loreal quick blue bleach along with their 30 volume developer. We used foils- however, as I mainly wanted the mid-lengths to be blonder, we concentrated on these areas. This meant that the foils didnt reach all the way down to my ends- leaving about a 5 inch gap which we didnt bleach and which were also already the blondest due to the ombre effect (rookie mistake af). Prior to bleaching, I had soaked my hair in coconut oil for about 3 days (I didnt go out lmao). When I took the bleach off i had good coverage but I started panicking while it was drying as my hair was basically yellow/orange af.

*Toning my hair/hair mask:
The next day (Saturday 13th) I woke up and made a hair mask for my bleached hair. (get ready) I used: Eggs/Mayo/Honey/Coconut Oil/Avocado/ACV/Conditioner. I blended it altogether to make a paste and then lathered it all into my hair as some sort of deep conditioner thing. I left it in for about 3 hours and washed it out with cool water and shampoo and conditioner.
I then mixed a 1:2 ratio of Wella t18 toner and Loreal 20 volume developer and applied this all over my hair making sure to completely cover the bleached areas. After 40 minutes, I washed this out with just water. The result was a reduction in brassiness but my hair is still a strawberry blonde colour... I had to unexpectedly go out that night, so I had to blow dry my hair and then straighten it (I used heat protecting spray :/) rather than letting my hair air dry like usual.
However after i was finished my hair still seemed surprisingly soft and strong and hardly affected by the bleach- it was in really good condition with little breakage.

*Bleaching TWICE???:
Ok, first of all I know this sounds like the biggest NO ever but hear me out. I have a fringe. I bleached my fringe as well but when I saw the end result, the hair next to my fringe was still really dark and so I need to apply more highlights to these areas at the front to even the colour out because I have this dark hair and then a yellowish fringe and it looks odd.
I am wanting to bleach in some highlights and PREFERABLY BEFORE THURSDAY 18TH (where I will be seeing all my friends). I am thinking to coat my hair in coconut oil again until Wednesday 17th and then use the bleach with 20 volume developer to add in some highlights and maybe bleach the end 5 inches to get that slight ombre effect in again (considering those areas weren't bleached).

I wanted to know if this method is ok?
I do not want to fry my hair and I know bleaching twice in one week is a terrible idea but i just need to even out a few tiny areas at the front and the bottom ends before Thursday ):

ANY ADVISE? IS MY PLAN OK EVEN WITH EXTREME AFTER CARE??

Ahhhh help please! (Also thank you if you read ALL of my story lmao i rlly appreciate it!)
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by spicyrice)
Hi guys (sorry for this essay):

On Friday 12th I bleached my hair (more), and I am currently wondering how long I have to wait before bleaching again.

*My dilemma:
I have results night on Thursday 18th and my hair is now basically yellow/orange- even after toning!! I want to know how long I have to wait until bleaching again?? (please read the "bleaching TWICE" paragraph at least to hear me out)

*My hair:
My hair is down to my hips and naturally very dark brown/black. I have had ombre hair for the past 3 years and gradually turned it from rusty orange to a honey blonde- as well as bringing the ombre higher (chest height). However recently I have had the urge to bleach the majority of it blonde starting about 2 inches from my roots.

*Bleaching my hair:
On Friday I got my mum to help me and we bleached my hair using Loreal quick blue bleach along with their 30 volume developer. We used foils- however, as I mainly wanted the mid-lengths to be blonder, we concentrated on these areas. This meant that the foils didnt reach all the way down to my ends- leaving about a 5 inch gap which we didnt bleach and which were also already the blondest due to the ombre effect (rookie mistake af). Prior to bleaching, I had soaked my hair in coconut oil for about 3 days (I didnt go out lmao). When I took the bleach off i had good coverage but I started panicking while it was drying as my hair was basically yellow/orange af.

*Toning my hair/hair mask:
The next day (Saturday 13th) I woke up and made a hair mask for my bleached hair. (get ready) I used: Eggs/Mayo/Honey/Coconut Oil/Avocado/ACV/Conditioner. I blended it altogether to make a paste and then lathered it all into my hair as some sort of deep conditioner thing. I left it in for about 3 hours and washed it out with cool water and shampoo and conditioner.
I then mixed a 1:2 ratio of Wella t18 toner and Loreal 20 volume developer and applied this all over my hair making sure to completely cover the bleached areas. After 40 minutes, I washed this out with just water. The result was a reduction in brassiness but my hair is still a strawberry blonde colour... I had to unexpectedly go out that night, so I had to blow dry my hair and then straighten it (I used heat protecting spray :/) rather than letting my hair air dry like usual.
However after i was finished my hair still seemed surprisingly soft and strong and hardly affected by the bleach- it was in really good condition with little breakage.

*Bleaching TWICE???:
Ok, first of all I know this sounds like the biggest NO ever but hear me out. I have a fringe. I bleached my fringe as well but when I saw the end result, the hair next to my fringe was still really dark and so I need to apply more highlights to these areas at the front to even the colour out because I have this dark hair and then a yellowish fringe and it looks odd.
I am wanting to bleach in some highlights and PREFERABLY BEFORE THURSDAY 18TH (where I will be seeing all my friends). I am thinking to coat my hair in coconut oil again until Wednesday 17th and then use the bleach with 20 volume developer to add in some highlights and maybe bleach the end 5 inches to get that slight ombre effect in again (considering those areas weren't bleached).

I wanted to know if this method is ok?
I do not want to fry my hair and I know bleaching twice in one week is a terrible idea but i just need to even out a few tiny areas at the front and the bottom ends before Thursday ):

ANY ADVISE? IS MY PLAN OK EVEN WITH EXTREME AFTER CARE??

Ahhhh help please! (Also thank you if you read ALL of my story lmao i rlly appreciate it!)
With good aftercare, you can get away with it. I've bleached mine twice in one day before and it's survived. Twice in a week also left my hair intact. Even if your hair seems fine for the first week or so, keep up a good aftercare routine for a while. It definitely not recommended though.
Bobbiebuxton
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I recently bleached my hair twice one day, it was still brassy and yellowish. So if go for it if you know it will even out nicely, but there obviously will be breakage within your hair! Keep up with the treatments and i think you will be fine.
LavenderBlueSky88
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've bleached mine twice before - the second time I did a bleach bath with 20 volume and it turned out OK. My hair is short though so it might end up damaging yours a bit more as its so long, though if it does go horrible at the ends you could always just chop a bit off. You'd almost definitely be able to get away with bleaching the parts next to your fringe just be very careful with the aftercare. Going blonde is an arduous journey I remember the horrible transition through the orange, yellow and grey stages to get what I wanted.*
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (5)
8.93%
I need help researching courses (5)
8.93%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.36%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
42.86%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (14)
25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.57%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.36%

Watched Threads