Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    December 2015 I tripped and bashed my right wrist against a kitchen side. It didn't hurt not swell until the next morning and then it was agony. I went to A&E and had an X-Ray, but my consultant said to me that she couldn't be certain if the bone she thought was broken was actually broken - because some people are born with a line down this particular bone. I was given a support to use and my wrist was alright (it hurt a bit still, but I assumed it was stiff.)

Anyway, May 2016 I went to get out of bed and as I put my [right] wrist down to get out it gave way and was absolute agony. I couldn't move my wrist, apply pressure, I couldn't do anything. The pain eased after an hour and I could move my wrist again. It was tenders but I could apply pressure, move my wrist etc. but today I went to get out of my pool and as I did I completely forgot about my wrist and put all my weight on it as I went to get out the pool. And now I'm right back to square one again. I can hardly move my wrist without pain, I can't apply pressure to my wrist; it is in constant pain. It's not a light pain, it's a constant, sharp pain.

Could I have sprained it? And if so, do I need to go to my GP surgery? The support isn't helping either...

ReputationRep:
    I had a similar injury from bashing the bishop.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by ALoneRanger)
    December 2015 I tripped and bashed my right wrist against a kitchen side. It didn't hurt not swell until the next morning and then it was agony. I went to A&E and had an X-Ray, but my consultant said to me that she couldn't be certain if the bone she thought was broken was actually broken - because some people are born with a line down this particular bone. I was given a support to use and my wrist was alright (it hurt a bit still, but I assumed it was stiff.)

Anyway, May 2016 I went to get out of bed and as I put my [right] wrist down to get out it gave way and was absolute agony. I couldn't move my wrist, apply pressure, I couldn't do anything. The pain eased after an hour and I could move my wrist again. It was tenders but I could apply pressure, move my wrist etc. but today I went to get out of my pool and as I did I completely forgot about my wrist and put all my weight on it as I went to get out the pool. And now I'm right back to square one again. I can hardly move my wrist without pain, I can't apply pressure to my wrist; it is in constant pain. It's not a light pain, it's a constant, sharp pain.

Could I have sprained it? And if so, do I need to go to my GP surgery? The support isn't helping either...
    Go and see your GP no-one here can tell you what you've done but it does sound like it needs looking into before you make the injury any worse, so make an appointment and see what they say. Even if they don't think it's a major problem at least then you'll have the peace of mind, and being in this amount of pain from putting some weight on a joint definitely isn't normal!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 14, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.