Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

S.O.S watch

    • Thread Starter

    Hi, I really need some help here cuz I'm really stuck.

    I'm going to be in year 10 when I return back to school after summer break. Personally, I would actually like to go to an American university or even transfer to an American high school system.

    But, I have been really confused about IGCSE/GCSE. At first, I thought you could go to UNI after IGCSE, turns out you can't. You have to complete IB or A-Level or Foundation, am I correct??? I don't really wanna go through this process and it wastes a lot of money...

    What I'm thinking is to go to an international school that has American system school (currently I'm also studying an international school in Malaysia) which I kinda found one in Hokkaido.

    Do you have any tips for me?? Or can I apply an uni or even a community college after IGCSE by going through TOEFL or smt?

    any help would be much appreciated

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 14, 2016
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.


Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.


Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.


Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.