Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have terrible terrible tan lines from my bikini (top and bottoms), my bf comes home soon and I want to be golden brown all over for him. I am considering using a sunbed naked, so I am brown all over.

question is will my tan lines still show, I.e the areas tanned will get darker and the tan lines will start to get darker.

How many sunbed sessions will it take to get that all over bronzed look without tan lines? I want the perfect broze look as the tan lines will put him off.

ReputationRep:
    any ideas?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It's highly likely that the tan lines will still show. It's also not an area that I would skin damage (what tanning is...)

Any partner that complains about tan lines is someone you really don't want to be naked with. He's going to be far more interested in having you topless / naked to complain.

ReputationRep:
    yes you tan lines will still show and I am sure your BF will not care

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbrown1994)
    I have terrible terrible tan lines from my bikini (top and bottoms), my bf comes home soon and I want to be golden brown all over for him. I am considering using a sunbed naked, so I am brown all over.

question is will my tan lines still show, I.e the areas tanned will get darker and the tan lines will start to get darker.

How many sunbed sessions will it take to get that all over bronzed look without tan lines? I want the perfect broze look as the tan lines will put him off.
    Haha, the dreaded white bum triangle and headlights! *😂

I can't see why it wouldn't show. I should think the sunbed would just cause you to tan evenly, if not make the brown bits already browner as they've already caught the sun and are acclimatised to it, especially if your white bits don't normally see any sun.

Personally, I can stand the triangle or headlights so tend to favour very skimpy bikini bottoms and forego the top where I can or just even lose the whole suit on the right beach.

ReputationRep:
    If the tan lines put him off then that is sad. There may be some sunshine for you to sunbathe this week depending on where you live, so if you can find a beach or secluded spot, then sunbathe topless somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    If the tan lines put him off then that is sad. There may be some sunshine for you to sunbathe this week depending on where you live, so if you can find a beach or secluded spot, then sunbathe topless somewhere.
    I need to live where you live cos it's cold and rainy here. The only things I'm getting our at the minute are my wellies and rain jacket!*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bex94)
    I need to live where you live cos it's cold and rainy here. The only things I'm getting our at the minute are my wellies and rain jacket!*
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2656295

Here is the Barnet weather forecast for this week!

For you or the OP or any other woman who wishes to avoid 'headlights' there is the sunbathing area by the women's bathing pond in Hampstead, where a couple of young women I know have gone so they can avoid 'headlights' and male attention whilst in the sun.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2656295

Here is the Barnet weather forecast for this week!

For you or the OP or any other woman who wishes to avoid 'headlights' there is the sunbathing area by the women's bathing pond in Hampstead, where a couple of young women I know have gone so they can avoid 'headlights' and male attention whilst in the sun.
    I've heard of these ponds but never been (to far away). Didn't realise they allowed all over tans to be gathered there.

ReputationRep:
    Next Saturday there are various events being held across the country- skinny dipplng mainly, but if it is sunny, there will be sunbathing opportunities at some.

http://greatbritishskinnydip.co.uk*

ReputationRep:
    Next Saturday there are various events being held across the country- skinny dipplng mainly, but if it is sunny, there will be sunbathing opportunities at some.

Are you going to one of them?*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bex94)
    Are you going to one of them?*
    Yes but not a daytime one, an evening swim and sauna.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but not a daytime one, an evening swim and sauna.
    There aren't any particularly near me otherwise I'd work on some of my friends to go and try one 😔*

ReputationRep:
    Sounds pretty fun, shame there's none near me

ReputationRep:

It's on Channel 4 this evening at 10pm

ReputationRep:
    It's on Channel 4 this evening at 10pm
    Were you on the show?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bex94)
    Were you on the show?
    No as the event I was at although filmed was mot shown in the end. I met Andrew Welch though and with some other people we had a chat about why so few British people swim or sunbathe without clothes.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.