Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thus may seen daft... but I'm worrying about mark books.

I'll be an NQT in September, and I feel utterly clueless about tracking and mark books and the like. All the official systems I used in my training year seem ridiculously long winded or double up the work needed for target tracker...

Has anyone got any methods they use that aren't long winded or more work than necessary (after a certain point)! I have a system that I used myself for certain things, but I'm hoping to canvas opinion here on the matter. Can't find anything on Google 😆*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beanbrain)
    Thus may seen daft... but I'm worrying about mark books.

I'll be an NQT in September, and I feel utterly clueless about tracking and mark books and the like. All the official systems I used in my training year seem ridiculously long winded or double up the work needed for target tracker...

Has anyone got any methods they use that aren't long winded or more work than necessary (after a certain point)! I have a system that I used myself for certain things, but I'm hoping to canvas opinion here on the matter. Can't find anything on Google 😆*
    Download the class data sheet from SIMS (or whatever your school uses) as an Excel file. This will hopefully give you a fair bit of info - mine have SEN, G&T, PP, Reading Age, KS2 Attainment, Target grade.

As the year goes along, add a column for each assessment the pupils do, and fill it in with their score/grade.

My department has these for each year group, on a shared Dropbox. So we don't have to organise an individual markbook, we just add our pupils' scores to the document. We can filter by class to see just our groups, and print if needed.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.