Can u guys recommend any chemistry textbook?

Watch
Emma Heo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I need a chemistry textbook nd can u guys recommend any good chemistry textbook with full explanation?

Thanks a lot!
Emad1993
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Emma Heo)
I need a chemistry textbook nd can u guys recommend any good chemistry textbook with full explanation?

Thanks a lot!

9781847627926 for A2, they have books for other exam boards too
sabahshahed294
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Which board? If Edexcel, I'd recommend George Facers' A2 Chemistry Book. That's very helpful and has very good explanations.

https://www.amazon.com/Chemistry-Ede...mistry+Edexcel
Sidra Manzur
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Cambridge International AS and A Level Chemistry Coursebook by Lawrie Ryan and Roger Norris (Second Edition) (its the latest edition ) and it has a blue cover.
Attached files
Sidra Manzur
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Also let me know about you're board..if it is edexcel I'll ask my friend..she is doing chemistry edexcel.
Emma Heo
Rep:
?
(Original post by sabahshahed294)
Which board? If Edexcel, I'd recommend George Facers' A2 Chemistry Book. That's very helpful and has very good explanations.

https://www.amazon.com/Chemistry-Ede...mistry+Edexcel

Thank you so much! I think i'll take International A-level but are there big differences between Edexcel and International A-level like syllabus or difficulty?
Emma Heo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sidra Manzur)
Cambridge International AS and A Level Chemistry Coursebook by Lawrie Ryan and Roger Norris (Second Edition) (its the latest edition ) and it has a blue cover.

Thank you loads. very nice of u !!
spidermonkey4199
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Thanks a lot!

hello , I recommend edexcel AS chemistry and A2 Chemistry student book from Amazon or Ebay by Ann Fullick Bob Mcduell . it comes with two exams at the back , also active book. its easy to follow

hope this helps
Emma Heo
Rep:
?
Also let me know about you're board..if it is edexcel I'll ask my friend..she is doing chemistry edexcel.
Um cos I'm gonna do A-level on my own, I didn't decide which board i would take. But could u ask your friend about chem textbook pls? thank u sooo much !
Sidra Manzur
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The main difference in cie chemistry and edexcel chemistry is that cie chemisty has practical which is tough atleast for me it was...and in edexcel chemistry there is alternative to practical instead of practical..that makes edexcel chem a bit easier then cie chem.
sabahshahed294
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank you so much! I think i'll take International A-level but are there big differences between Edexcel and International A-level like syllabus or difficulty?
I've done Edexcel International A Level myself. I'm just waiting for my results now. There's no difference in the difficulty level nor the syllabus. They're the same.
TypicalRemix
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Calculations in AS/A Level Chemistry by Jim Clark helped me. Also use youtube as i cannot stress it enough for how useful it is!!
Emma Heo
Rep:
?
(Original post by TypicalRemix)
Calculations in AS/A Level Chemistry by Jim Clark helped me. Also use youtube as i cannot stress it enough for how useful it is!!
thanks a lot xx
Emma Heo
Rep:
?
The main difference in cie chemistry and edexcel chemistry is that cie chemisty has practical which is tough atleast for me it was...and in edexcel chemistry there is alternative to practical instead of practical..that makes edexcel chem a bit easier then cie chem.
thank u for one of the most useful information. This is rly helpful
HelpusPleasus
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Bath Advanced Chemistry would be a good choice.
The Physics one is great and explains everything.

If you can track it down for a good price that is.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.94%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (890)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.87%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed