Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

I got into Durham University for PPE 2016 entry, which satisfies me but not my parents, who have extremely high expectations and value the school's reputations.

So I am thinking of applying to PPE programmes in other schools through UCAS adjustment. Currently I am considering UCL and Warwick, if they have any adjustment places.

Assuming that they are gonna have PPE spots for me, which university do you think would be the best?

UCL, Warwick, or Durham?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by chthan)
    Hi guys

I got into Durham University for PPE 2016 entry, which satisfies me but not my parents, who have extremely high expectations and value the school's reputations.

So I am thinking of applying to PPE programmes in other schools through UCAS adjustment. Currently I am considering UCL and Warwick, if they have any adjustment places.

Assuming that they are gonna have PPE spots for me, which university do you think would be the best?

UCL, Warwick, or Durham?
    Can you not just be happy with Durham (which is a top notch institution)? Why the need to chase prestige so much?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think Durham, Warwick and UCL are pretty neck and neck in terms of prestige, so I wouldn't bother switching through clearing if I were you unless you're really passionate about going to Warwick/UCL.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I was under the impression that Durham's PPE course was every bit as prestigious as Warwick's. Potentially more so, especially if you're focussing on the Ps and not the E. No clue about UCL though.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

UCL, Warwick, or Durham?
    To qualify for adjustment you'd need a*a*a or 3A*'s (assuming your offer is a*aa)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I am more than happy to go to Durham, but apparently my parents are not for some reason.
    Lol, are they the ones going to uni or are you? Just stand your ground and tell them Durham is awesome and that you're happy with your decision.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are you going to let your parents keep controlling your life? Parents aren't always right.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.