Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

is it actually really hard to get straight a stars at gcse? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm just about to start year 11 and my predicted grades are all a's and a stars so if i study a lot is it possible to get 11 a stars????

ReputationRep:
    Its not as difficult as you think it might be.
    Of course its possible you don't have to study loads to get them as well.
    Just gotta be smart on how you work.

(Original post by sahara198913)
    I'm just about to start year 11 and my predicted grades are all a's and a stars so if i study a lot is it possible to get 11 a stars????
    I missed a year of school during my GCSE years because I was critically ill, didn't start revision until a week before my exams and got all A*s so no, it's not hard.

ReputationRep:
    It's not easy, but it's definitely possible!

I got 9A*s, a few more hours of work in some of my weaker subjects and I could've got 12 :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahara198913)
    It definitely is possible, it's just that it's easier [to get an A*] in some subjects, than others. For example, a language would be a lot harder to nail than say, a humanities subject such as Geography, RS or History. (because, in a language, there is a lot more to it than just knowledge and technique)

ReputationRep:
    Don't think so. I have pretty poor GCSEs by TSR standards lol, but that's largely because I didn't do many and didn't do sufficient work for several subjects. The ones I put a little bit of effort in I got high a*s in. So if you really want straight a*s, obviously put some effort into every subject; since you are predicted such grades you likely have the ability to not work too hard and do well anyway.

ReputationRep:
    There's a few different factors involved, as I see it.

It's possible to get all A*s or many A*s. It's a contribution of your own hard work (internal factor) and things like low grade boundaries (external factor).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    It definitely is possible, it's just that it's easier [to get an A*] in some subjects, than others. For example, a language would be a lot harder to nail than say, a humanities subject such as Geography, RS or History. (because, in a language, there is a lot more to it than just knowledge and technique)
    oh thats good since the only language i take is the one I'm fluent in! and i take humanities and economics! thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    Don't think so. I have pretty poor GCSEs by TSR standards lol, but that's largely because I didn't do many and didn't do sufficient work for several subjects. The ones I put a little bit of effort in I got high a*s in. So if you really want straight a*s, obviously put some effort into every subject; since you are predicted such grades you likely have the ability to not work too hard and do well anyway.
    7A*s and 2As? I would say that's quite exceptional, even by TSR standards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samii123)
    7A*s and 2As? I would say that's quite exceptional, even by TSR standards.
    I was being a bit tongue in cheek, but there are certainly loads of people with better

ReputationRep:
    Not difficult, my mate got straight A* grades even though all he did was play football manager all day of study leave. But in general, GCSE's aren't ridiculously easy, but they certainly aren't difficult. Just listen in class and you're good

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.