The Student Room Group

Classics 2016

I want to apply to cambridge this year but i have not done enough further reading and I'm starting to panic. Is it too late to start now ? I have not even started to write my personal statement because i feel like i have nothing to say ! I was thinking of starting to read the illiad and take about the Trojan war but i just don't know ! And I feel like everyone talks about the illiad ! Any advice would be great !
Reply 1
Original post by romangirl
I want to apply to cambridge this year but i have not done enough further reading and I'm starting to panic. Is it too late to start now ? I have not even started to write my personal statement because i feel like i have nothing to say ! I was thinking of starting to read the illiad and take about the Trojan war but i just don't know ! And I feel like everyone talks about the illiad ! Any advice would be great !

If you are going to apply to Cambridge we assume that you have already developed a wider scope of knowledge in your subject area. Being smart and just randomly loving the subject without having broadened your interest in the subject won't impress anyone. Should you prove the opposite....apply!

I am not trying to be arrogant just giving you an advice!
Reply 2
Original post by BioOx
If you are going to apply to Cambridge we assume that ...

"we"?
Reply 3
Original post by jneill
"we"?

"I"
Reply 4
Original post by romangirl

Just ignore my previous statement. I just realised that I might be wrong.
I meant ....you have to prove that you are passionate in your PS and by proving I meant wider reading.....you do not need to know a bunch of stuff in the interview. They will probably ask you something which you already know and then interviewers are going to see how you think and how do you interpret certain things

What I want to say is that Cambridge is not for anyone. You think that you deserve it.....APPLY

Work on the PS... Please PM me if you'll have any troubles. I am going to try to help you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending