Asfand98
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi i am really intrested in doing computer science at university and would like to join a top university which require me to do further maths. However I am unsure which modules would be best for me. Can someone please help me. Also is further maths difficult compare to normal maths. I got a A in maths in O levels.
computationchive
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Asfand98)
Hi i am really intrested in doing computer science at university and would like to join a top university which require me to do further maths. However I am unsure which modules would be best for me. Can someone please help me. Also is further maths difficult compare to normal maths. I got a A in maths in O levels.
Decision is always quite a safe bet if you are wishing to do Computer Science. (Remember some of the very top universities will require you to also do an entrance exam e.g. STEP or the Computer Science part of the MAT.)
RDKGames
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Decision 1 and Decision 2 can be very helpful for computer science, so I've heard, as they deal with algorithms, shortest paths, sorting, etc... Perhaps some FP modules as well. Stats and mechanics modules don't fit into computer science as much, I'd imagine.

FM is broader in scope than normal maths with more things to consider in certain questions as opposed to ones in normal ones, so to speak. If you're good with the content of normal maths and know it inside out, you'd be fine in FM.
Asfand98
Rep:
?
Oh thays good i enjoy maths but i feel further maths may be to difficult. I got 6As and 1C in O levels and wish to study maths, further maths and computer science in a levels. I wont to physics will thay matter?
RDKGames
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh thays good i enjoy maths but i feel further maths may be to difficult. I got 6As and 1C in O levels and wish to study maths, further maths and computer science in a levels. I wont to physics will thay matter?
For a CS course in uni, physics wouldn't matter because you're taking the actual CS A-Level alongside Maths + FM A-Levels which are both beneficial.
Asfand98
Rep:
?
(Original post by RDKGames)
For a CS course in uni, physics wouldn't matter because you're taking the actual CS A-Level alongside Maths + FM A-Levels which are both beneficial.

Ok thank alot that really helped me clear my mind
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (94)
13.88%
I'm not sure (32)
4.73%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (214)
31.61%
I have already dropped out (15)
2.22%
I'm not a current university student (322)
47.56%

Watched Threads