Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What advice would you give to someone who withdraw from uni three times? Watch

Career didn't work out the first time which broke me so enrolled into uni courses to move on. One course was in a city because I wanted to move but I didn't continue after first year. I choose to enrol on those courses as I didn't know what else to really focus on. I thought it might help me forget my lost situation. Total waste of courses but an experience and a life lesson. I have also withdrew from my recent course as the field wasn't me. I gave it a good chance but things just got worse. The place was local as well.

I now know my other interest and what I may be good at. I need to build a life for myself and move to my dream place. I'm far from lazy, I'm very ambitious and motivated. I do have adhd and other challenges but don't define me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Career didn't work out the first time which broke me so enrolled into uni courses to move on. One course was in a city because I wanted to move but I didn't continue after first year. I choose to enrol on those courses as I didn't know what else to really focus on. I thought it might help me forget my lost situation. Total waste of courses but an experience and a life lesson. I have also withdrew from my recent course as the field wasn't me. I gave it a good chance but things just got worse. The place was local as well.

I now know my other interest and what I may be good at. I need to build a life for myself and move to my dream place. I'm far from lazy, I'm very ambitious and motivated. I do have adhd and other challenges but don't define me.
    My first piece of advice is to familiarise yourself with the regulations regarding student finance entitlement, because you would have to finance at least part (and it would be the first part, not the final year) of any new course yourself. I'm unsure from your post whether this is something you are considering doing, though. I'd suggest giving it a rest for a while if you are.

(Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    My first piece of advice is to familiarise yourself with the regulations regarding student finance entitlement, because you would have to finance at least part (and it would be the first part, not the final year) of any new course yourself. I'm unsure from your post whether this is something you are considering doing, though. I'd suggest giving it a rest for a while if you are.
    I funded the course myself. I know I can go on a two year course or an MA even if I can show my experience and potential. I can look for an college course or short courses. I'm unsure if uni is for me besides being on the wrong courses. I know a degree in my choosen industry isn't necessary but maybe its best to go on courses. What would you consider?

(Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    I know I can go on a two year course or an MA even if I can show my experience and potential. I can look for an college course or short courses. I'm unsure if uni is for me besides being on the wrong courses. I know an related degree isn't necessary in my choosen industry but maybe its best to go on courses. What would you consider?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I know I can go on a two year course or an MA even if I can show my experience and potential. I can look for an college course or short courses. I'm unsure if uni is for me besides being on the wrong courses. I know an related degree isn't necessary in my choosen industry but maybe its best to go on courses. What would you consider?
    I would say that three times is enough for now and I'd get on with getting a job and having a settled, regular way of life for a bit, which will prove you have moved on and are reliable to future employers.

ReputationRep:
    My advice would be to sort yourself out. Dropping out of multiple things is making you look unreliable and flaky and you will not look attractive to employers like this. People don't all love their job you need to pick something and follow it through and get on with it for a while.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    It sounds like you have issues.

I would say get them resolved so that you are in a good state of mind and have throughly researched your decision.

Three times just sounds careless, except its also costing you thousands of £ each time you do it. Easily avoidable.

I don't have issues, I just didn't know what else to do. My career wasn't going anywhere and that was the only thing I wanted at the time. I know my mind is in the right state at the moment and I'm a very positive person

I know I shouldn't of jumped straight on to courses. Such a waste of time and money. I should of just went on to something elsewhere.

Internships perhaps

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.