Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am having real problems trying to get my loan approved due to 'the course I am studying not being considered eligible for funding'. I have no idea why this is as the course is listed on the database the student loans company have and if I am a brand new applicant (I have applied twice via paper) I would be able to apply.

Is anyone else having the same issues?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fable84)
    I am having real problems trying to get my loan approved due to 'the course I am studying not being considered eligible for funding'. I have no idea why this is as the course is listed on the database the student loans company have and if I am a brand new applicant (I have applied twice via paper) I would be able to apply.

Is anyone else having the same issues?
    Contact your uni. It's their responsibility to ensure that their course info is nanaged correctly by SF. If it is on the SF database but being rejected, then the uni must instruct SF to get that corrected.*

ReputationRep:
    The Uni have already ensured the course is uploaded, they even created a dummy account to check. It is the SLC who are holding up my application.

ReputationRep:
    The Uni have already ensured the course is uploaded, they even created a dummy account to check. It is the SLC who are holding up my application.
    It is still up to the uni to chase the problem with SF until it is resolved. If the only problem is around the course rather than your personal situation, there is nothing you can do.

Is there any reason why you might not be eligible?

ReputationRep:
    The uni have done everything they can apart from applying on my behalf.
    Do you for SF as your views seem quite biased on this. Surely the sensible thing would have been to have a system where you can update applications on line rathe than having to scan everything in. We are after all living in the 21st century

ReputationRep:
    The uni have done everything they can apart from applying on my behalf.
    Do you for SF as your views seem quite biased on this. Surely the sensible thing would have been to have a system where you can update applications on line rathe than having to scan everything in. We are after all living in the 21st century
    I'm happy to say that I am nothing to do with SF!

I am not giving biased views, I'm passing on info gathered from prevous expriences posted on TSR. When applications first opened, there were a raft of problems similar to yours - eligible courses unlisted, listed courses for which applications were rejected as they were considred ineligible at a later point etc. In these cases, the unis stepped in and resolved them with SF. This is the advice I have given you.

Unless the uni can sort this out, or you can get SF to tell you why the course is listed as eligible but they will not accept your application, then you are stuck. As an individual student, you have no way of influencing how SF set up a course, other than going through the uni.

You could go to yur uni's section here on TSR and post a thread asking whether other applicants to that course are having the same problem. If a group of you have the same problem, it would give the uni more ammo to go back to SF as they will be losing students and therefore income.

I am unable to comment on how SF choose to run their applications process. It certainly seems to be failing in your case.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.