Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello there, I, along with probably a large portion of this forum are nervously watching that A-Level results countdown. I was just wondering how strict UCLan is with results? If I fail to achieve my target grade by one or two grades, is that it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Falerian)
    Hello there, I, along with probably a large portion of this forum are nervously watching that A-Level results countdown. I was just wondering how strict UCLan is with results? If I fail to achieve my target grade by one or two grades, is that it?
    Although I don't know for certain, I imagine that like most universities it entirely depends on how much space is left on the course with regards to filling enough places for the course to make money and whether or not they think you'll be able to succeed on the course. For example when I applied to Oxford Brookes for computer science they offered me bbc but I got bcd so they offered me a place on the foundation course, and I reckon that they wanted to fill the foundation course up a bit as there weren't many of us when I got there. But obviously if you've been offered aaa and you get ccc then it's very unlikely they'll still offer you a place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It can depend, the clearing hotline is open today. If you call 01772 830777 they can put you through to the academics to talk about your grades. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    --:thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Falerian)
    Thank you for the hotline, but it seems I underestimated myself, and so clearing won't be needed. :thumbsup:
    Congrats dude, also nice avatar

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.