Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey guys. ive got issues when it comes 2 my hair!! it's naturally wavy, but i straighten it (Thanks to the God that is the GHD'S!) but i am sort of growing out my side fringe...and i dont no wot 2 do wiv it now. My hair is below my shoulders....and i dont no whether 2 have it cut v short...or grow my fringe out etc.....? i want a nice style that takes little wrk.....PLEASE HELP!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiekenyon)
    hey guys. ive got issues when it comes 2 my hair!! it's naturally wavy, but i straighten it (Thanks to the God that is the GHD'S!) but i am sort of growing out my side fringe...and i dont no wot 2 do wiv it now. My hair is below my shoulders....and i dont no whether 2 have it cut v short...or grow my fringe out etc.....? i want a nice style that takes little wrk.....PLEASE HELP!
    Cleopatra!

ReputationRep:
    Very few people can carry off short hair well ...

ReputationRep:

does the fringe sweep against the side of your forehead? i love hairstyles like that. get layers/feathers put in to create some movement? what's yur face shape? not all faces will suit very short hair

ReputationRep:
    Girls should never ever get their hair cut short. EVER..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    I concur.

ReputationRep:
    Why not try an afro?

ReputationRep:
    grow ur hair out- ends up looking nicer ( I think) plus less work- alot less

ReputationRep:
    Greasy and uncombed. Reasonably long too, like I have in my avatar.

ReputationRep:
    short hair on most (99.9%) of women looks really bad. i would advise against this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    agreed. We look ever so much more feminine with long hair.

ReputationRep:
    i use to haev long hair -like below my bum ever since I was little, until I was 16!! I only had it cos rents thought it looked nice. What does 'longhair' mean? My hair now below my shoulders, and i like it this way. No extra shampooing, and I go swimming, and wear a hat i dont feel weighed down - lol!

ReputationRep:
    You'll probably be able to find something you like here.

ReputationRep:
    do u mean ur growing out ur side fringe? if so why?! sweeping fringes are the look this summer - have them startin from a side parting and sweepin downward, keep it feathered and light (heavy fringes suit practically no one). short at the top and gettin longer towards the ear tis gr8.
    oh and wavy hair is very surfer chick so very in this summer (and every summer), get sum frizz ease and spritz it through when ur hair is wet, perhaps with some curl activator and let it dry naturally (or hold ur head upside down with a hair dryer on it if u cant b bothered to let it dry naturally). but NEVER brush through ur hair, just use a comb or fingers if u have to.
    use ur GHDs to straighten ur fringe though
    x o x

ReputationRep:
    Don't get it cut short. Believe me. I have very wavy/curly hair, and I got it cut short when I was almost 16. It was a NIGHTMARE, I had to spend ages blow-drying it straight and fussing around with it so I didn't look like a poodle. Even all the fuss didn't always work- my passport photo is definitely poodle-ish in the extreme! Short styles only work on people with naturally straight hair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jndikum)
    Why not try an afro?
    never fails

ReputationRep:
    Girls with very short hair is not a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endorf)
    short hair on most (99.9%) of women looks really bad. i would advise against this.
    Cant agree here.. I think there is a bigger population of women that can look nice with short hair although it depends in their face shape. I find attractive this group of short-haireds..

ReputationRep:
    Try cornrows.

ReputationRep:
    id say grow out the fringe coz they are ok when choppy and modern but not practical at all. i have long straight hair with a slight natural wave to it and alot of guys including my bf say they prefer it if girls have a wavyness to their hair instead of using straightners to get it dead straight. it can make you look kinda bland. if u do have it straight use accesories or something to make it more interesting or wear sumthing that makes ppl go "wow!"

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.