The Student Room Group

Get into Durham Computer Science with these grades?

Hi,

Im currently an AS Student going into A2 and would like some advice with regards to applying to Durham for Computer Science.

At GCSE I attained 3 A*'s (including Maths and Physics), 5A's 1B and 1C.

At AS I studied: Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computer Science.

At A2 I will be continuing Maths, Further Maths and Computer Science.

I hope to attain AAA to possibly A*AA Predicted for A2 with the A* in Maths.

I have good work experience placements and I have coded in a variety of languages and have a genuine passion for the subject which is reflected in my personal statement.

Given my grades and possible predictions of AAA do I have a decent chance of getting in?

Thanks,
Reply 1
Durham isn't known for being insanely competitive for CS, so yes I'd say you have a very good chance of getting an offer. Sounds like you have a very well rounded application, congrats!
Reply 2
To be honest GCSE's matter the most at Oxbridge, most wont take huge notice to them unless your AS-levels are below what they want.

If your personal statement is good and you do well in your AS levels, you should be offered a place.
Original post by TVIO
Durham isn't known for being insanely competitive for CS, so yes I'd say you have a very good chance of getting an offer. Sounds like you have a very well rounded application, congrats!

Thanks very much! I really appreciate the support.
Original post by DQd
To be honest GCSE's matter the most at Oxbridge, most wont take huge notice to them unless your AS-levels are below what they want.

If your personal statement is good and you do well in your AS levels, you should be offered a place.

Thanks very much! One more question, I believe I may have to retake one or two maths modules but given that im still predicted the grades would I still possibly be considered?
Original post by MichelePascale
Thanks very much! One more question, I believe I may have to retake one or two maths modules but given that im still predicted the grades would I still possibly be considered?

Yes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending