Turn on thread page Beta

I can't find any temporary jobs! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Well in fact there are loads of permanent jobs in my area but no temporary ones! I've got uni in October and I don't think I can transfer there like you do with Tesco's (apparently the uni forbids it). When you're hired for a job aren't you made to sign a work contract saying that you've got to stay there for 3 months? I don't know myself cos I've never had a job before.

ReputationRep:
    When you get a job you normally have a probation/trial period of about 3 months. You can quit at anytime during that time usually.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you try local Pubs, or maybe restaurants?
    They're usually good for casual staff, and also good for gonig back at christmas as they tend to need more staff then.

ReputationRep:
    Try McDonalds - they'll almost always take you.

ReputationRep:
    how do you apply for McDonald's, can you apply online? More importantly, do they take 16 year olds?

ReputationRep:
    It's sometimes easier to find a job once you get there. There are usually lots of jobs advertised around campus, or in local papers (the kind of thing where you don't find them till you move to the area).

I would not worry about the three months thing. Usually you have to give a weeks notice in the first three months, but if it is not working out they usually agree with you and just let you go on the spot (depending on what the role is).

You must not worry, it will fall into place once you are there (once you meet loads of friends, word of mouth is also a great way of getting a temporary role).

Good luck

JM

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.