Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm stuck between picking media studies and drama. What are your experiences with either subject if you've taken it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MersennePrime)
    None. Both ****.
    lol, just pick what you like

(Original post by cyberqueen)
    I'm stuck between picking media studies and drama. What are your experiences with either subject if you've taken it?

ReputationRep:
    I loved drama. If you want to do well, it's very difficult to get good marks. If you aren't really bothered, it's good fun. But there's a lot of coursework...

ReputationRep:
    I did both, luckily, thoroughly enjoyed both. (Doing them both at A-Level soon actually xD)

Media Studies: I just finished myself and I loved it, it may have some downsides like coursework needing to be written as well, but if you love making things on photoshop (Or want to learn) or even making videos, it's a really good choice. There is an exam at the end, but it's pretty easy if you do your work. I loved the practical element of media, I made a music video, a movie poster and a perfume advertisement. (Not being biased, well actually I am, but if you love designing, this was my favourite out the two and is where my future is heading at this moment)

Drama: Just did this and I had a lot of time off so I might have to scrape a C. ALTHOUGH, it was great, you get to be practical if you love acting. For the exam board we were on, we had to do 3 units, 2 of them written (Though on 2 we did go to see a brilliant play) 1 and 2 we did have 6 filmed hours on each but the tip is to be as involved with the lesson as the teacher needs you to be. 3 is the practical exam and if acting isn't for you, do costume design on performance support.

This is some in-depth detail on them, your school may have different exam boards but they're pretty similar.

If you want anymore information or have any questions on either, just reply, I'm willing to answer

lol.Am stuck between RE or Sociology...What should I pick?Someone pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee help me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamil fever)
    lol.Am stuck between RE or Sociology...What should I pick?Someone pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee help me!
    i took both and had to drop sociology due to moving schools but personally i think that was more interesting but i found re quite easy as most of it is your opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cyberqueen)
    Since the system has changed i think you now have to sit a written exam on techniques and practitioners which we didn't have to do, it is good fun but stressful and not just an easy subject where you can get away with doing nothing and still get a good grade.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.