Only revised 4 pages of chemistry. Should I do more? (starting AS in Sept) Watch

shohaib712
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I feel not in the mood today :P
FaisalNaeem03
Badges: 14
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by shohaib712)
Good on you m8. I haven't even done 1!
Ezme39
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Anything you do will be useful. Most people won't have revised at all
cleggj88
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I start my second year of a levels and still haven't done any work over the summer
ColossalAtom
Report 2 years ago
I've only read like the first chapter. I'm focusing on biology more, because of the enormous content.
shohaib712
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ezme39)
Anything you do will be useful. Most people won't have revised at all
Thanks I feel much better now. I'll do more tommorrow then.
shohaib712
Rep:
?
(Original post by ColossalAtom)
I've only read like the first chapter. I'm focusing on biology more, because of the enormous content.
I'm only revising over maths and chemistry for now because I dont think I have passed biology (I didn't revise for unit 3 but I'm sure I got A's in the other units)
PHD2027
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
what do you mean 4 pages of chemistry, your book, your revision guide , a pdf EXPLAIN!!!!!!! get a paracetamol in you drink it with water , then after 5 minutes drink some red bull. that'll get your insides running.
shohaib712
Rep:
?
(Original post by cleggj88)
I start my second year of a levels and still haven't done any work over the summer
Aren't you worried? I looked over the A2 modules and they look really confusing IMO
shohaib712
Rep:
?
(Original post by PHD2027)
what do you mean 4 pages of chemistry, your book, your revision guide , a pdf EXPLAIN!!!!!!! get a paracetamol in you drink it with water , then after 5 minutes drink some red bull. that'll get your insides running.
I did 4 pages today of the OCR chemsitry textbook. (I'm near the end of module 2)
thatcooldude2.0
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Only 4 pages? You should be ashamed of yourself.
Spoiler:
Show
Jks
PHD2027
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did 4 pages today of the OCR chemsitry textbook. (I'm near the end of module 2)
finish it!
shohaib712
Rep:
?
(Original post by thatcooldude2.0)
Only 4 pages? You should be ashamed of yourself.
Spoiler:
Show
Jks
lol
thatcooldude2.0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'd advise to print out sheets of all the mechanisms and reagents/conditions you need to learn now to be prepared. There were a few good ones I found last year in forms of spider diagrams, I'll see if I can find them for you
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you're starting A-level this September, then there's no need to start learning everything by yourself (especially if you aren't sure of what you need to learn, and how). It really is a bit pointless, and you should just wait until you start.
,L,
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ColossalAtom)
Are you doing A2s now?
A2 biology isn't about learning the entire book, more about applying your knwoledge and knowing the basics of each chapter rather than acing it
rimstone
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
lol you jokers, great learn the wrong way of understanding things, or just not understanding it, since your pretty much guessing what going on.

Best thing you can do is sure read up before hand, but don't go in depth, the problem is youll think youll understand it, but its very likely your teacher or in class your figure out a much easier way to remember it or understand it.
I think what would be best is the above or revising after learning something to understand things you didnt get the first time round, i found that so much more useful than reading beforehand, since i did pretty much guess how it worked and that really hindered me in the long term.

for sciences, you really do not have to read up beforehand, best to learn it in lessons, some subjects like history do need some work over the summer, but not science, so dont worry if you havent done any or enough.
thatcooldude2.0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I wouldn't start learning now btw but there are a few things you can do to prepare for example look up the specification and edit it to make it more shorter and more to the point, this will save you time when you are closer to your exams and you can just use it as a checklist. Also make cards for all the reagents and conditions you need to know that way you can just go over them before tests and not waste time making them again. Do you know what exam board you're doing for chemistry?
ColossalAtom
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ,L,)
Are you doing A2s now?
A2 biology isn't about learning the entire book, more about applying your knwoledge and knowing the basics of each chapter rather than acing it
Starting AS in September.

I'd like to know how everything works. I rather have a masterful knowledge than a vague understanding.
pizzanomics
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
That's 4 pages too many.

You don't need to do any prep for your A levels. You should be outside having fun.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (35)
14.06%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.43%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (51)
20.48%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (37)
14.86%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (31)
12.45%
How can I be the best version of myself? (74)
29.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed