Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    We pre-ordered HP7 at my local WH Smith which I doubt will open at midnight. I don't really mind though, I'll probably go at around 8am to get the book. Whenever a new HP book came out in the past, I've always bought it at this shop so I don't want to break the tradition now. I'm also a fast reader; I hope to have the book finished by the afternoon.

ReputationRep:
    im getting mine at 8am from Woolworths

ReputationRep:
    I just couldn't do that. The shops don't open until 9. If I get at midnight I should have finished be 9 o clock. I've waited so long there is no way I'm putting it off.

ReputationRep:
    Ive preordered from Amazon so it probably wont be delivered until 9am onwards, then Im at work 9-5.30 on saturday so I'll have to wait till I get home to get started.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitty_koo)
    im getting mine at 8am from Woolworths
    More to be 9am when you consider the volume of people getting the book!

But no, my mom will be wandering to Tesco's to buy two copies like she did every other time. No pre-ordering - no point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gareth-Lee Smith)
    More to be 9am when you consider the volume of people getting the book!

But no, my mom will be wandering to Tesco's to buy two copies like she did every other time. No pre-ordering - no point.
    the Woolworths im getting it from isnt a large store in the centre of Birmingham, and there werent that many people when i got HBP at 8:15am last time :p:

ReputationRep:
    well if waterstones are doing a midnight opening and i go and see an advance - advance showing of transformer movie then il pick it up after the movie has finished.

If not then early morning saturday

ReputationRep:
    I'll stroll in sometime, pick it up and read it on and off for about a week or two.

ReputationRep:
    I wake up at like 11am .. then I'll send my dad to go buy my copy whilst I have breakfast :p:

ReputationRep:
    Im not getting it at midnight, i ordered it off Amazon.co.uk last time i ordered one it came at half 6 in the morning so i hope it does on sat!

ReputationRep:
    im not going at midnight- just because there is a party the previous evening (non-harry potter). Im really annoyed though about the asda thing tho becuase i live out in the outskirts of the city and asda is BY FAR the closest store- grr to asda!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomdav)
    Ive preordered from Amazon so it probably wont be delivered until 9am onwards, then Im at work 9-5.30 on saturday so I'll have to wait till I get home to get started.
    :dito: Except I work from 7am 'til 3.30pm. I'm planning on giving up my second break just so i get home that extra 1/2 hour earlier!

ReputationRep:
    I got HBP from ASDA at midnight, I was at a wedding and me and my uncle left at about 11.45 and got to the ASDA at 12.05 and the queues weren't that big we were in and out within 10 minutes. I pre-ordered on Play.com and it will be here on day of release, according to the site anyway. Haven't got a clue what time though...

ReputationRep:
    No chance, I'm not that big of a stan.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe people are leaving so early, 6/7pm? With going at midnight there is a risk of some idiot ruining the ending for you - which would be a **** if it happened at any of the previous book releases but even worse for the last book. :rolleyes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Working the day before. Going to midnight opening (should be there about sixish!). Working all day the next day.
    Woo!

ReputationRep:
    Getting mine via Amazon and pray the postman delivers early!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.