Turn on thread page Beta

Galloway faces Commons suspension watch

• View Poll Results: Overall, is your view of George Galloway favourable or unfavourable?
    Favourable
    30.56%
    Unfavourable
    69.44%

ReputationRep:
    Respect MP George Galloway is facing suspension from the House of Commons for 18 days, following an investigation by Parliament's standards committee.

He's never there anyway lol...

Opinions.
    (do ya think he's a crook???)

ReputationRep:
    He's a snake in the grass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _jackofdiamonds)
    He's a snake in the grass.
    He's ma MP i'll have you know. He's standing down at the next election and he'll be standing as a London MEP ( you heard it here first)

ReputationRep:
    GG is a God send in these troubled times.

ReputationRep:
    As has already been said, GG is never in the commons anyway, so it'll have no great impact.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure it's just a conspiracy against him to keep him quiet. At least, that is what he would say. Frankly, in my opinion the guy isn't a crook but he isn't a man of integrity either. He will say (and does say) whatever he needs to to get elected. He's found a niche market and exploits it. Good luck to him on that. But in terms of having good ideas on how to run things and the integrity to do what's right - he has nothing.

With GG the appropriate expression is "empty vessels make the most noise".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greyhound02)
    As has already been said, GG is never in the commons anyway, so it'll have no great impact.
    He's in the commons everyday actually, he merely refuses to vote most of the time because the choice is normally between the PM's proposal or Cameron's amendment and he seldom wishes to vote for either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniOfLife)
    I'm sure it's just a conspiracy against him to keep him quiet.
    I doubt they'd want to quiet him, he's such an embarrassment to the cause that it's probably in their interest to allow him. Similar to how the IRA never bothered to target Paisley.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agamemnon)
    He's in the commons everyday actually, he merely refuses to vote most of the time because the choice is normally between the PM's proposal or Cameron's amendment and he seldom wishes to vote for either.
    Obvious doing his constituents a great service then isn't he. HIS personal opinion should have less to do with it, he's a servant to the people who voted him in - he should vote in their interests!

ReputationRep:
    That's exactly what he says, isn't it - word for word. Thanks for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonathanH)
    That's exactly what he says, isn't it - word for word. Thanks for that.
    You're welcome, it's important to correct fallacies.

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome, it's important to correct fallacies.
    Well, I was just letting everyone know that that is what Galloway claims, so they can decide the veracity of the statement for themselves. Personally I think it's a pretty poor excuse.

ReputationRep:
    I have a great deal of respect (no pun intended) for GG. He is one of the few men in politics who stands up for his principles and is not afraid to voice his own opinion. GG is a model of how a man should be, unlike some of these girly men running our country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arsenalrulz)
    GG is a model of how a man should be

I agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielf90)
    Obvious doing his constituents a great service then isn't he. HIS personal opinion should have less to do with it, he's a servant to the people who voted him in - he should vote in their interests!
    Its not as if other MPs vote for their constiuents interests - most just toe the party line.

ReputationRep:
    I was referring to GG's character i.e. confident, outspoken etc. This is not something you see in many men nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    ForeverIsMyName. that photo was taken a long time ago and should not be held against him. GG was one of few men that actually condemned Saddam back when the USA was selling Saddam weaponry.

ReputationRep:
    LOL, and who put saddam there in the first place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arsenalrulz)
    I have a great deal of respect (no pun intended) for GG. He is one of the few men in politics who stands up for his principles and is not afraid to voice his own opinion. GG is a model of how a man should be, unlike some of these girly men running our country.
    Quick question: When Blair said that he advocated war because he thought it was the right thing to do wasn't he standing up for his principles and being unafraid to voice his own opinion?

Oh, that's right. His opinion didn't accord with your own so he is a "girly man". Lucky good old George "pussycat" Galloway always acts like a true man.

ReputationRep:
    Blair advocated war because Bush told him to, not because he felt it was right

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.