Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The ToK enquiry result came today: THE NEW GRADE IS A B!! This means that I now have 43 instead of 42 points. (So, wazzup, Igor... )

I am also very hopeful that my English will rise when I get the outcome of that enquiry -- actually I'm practically sure about it after speaking to my English teacher: he has had three enquiries in the past and all have worked out. According to him, I should have massively good chances. So let's wait for my 44...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkside)
    The ToK enquiry result came today: THE NEW GRADE IS A B!! This means that I now have 43 instead of 42 points. (So, wazzup, Igor... )

I am also very hopeful that my English will rise when I get the outcome of that enquiry -- actually I'm practically sure about it after speaking to my English teacher: he has had three enquiries in the past and all have worked out. According to him, I should have massively good chances. So let's wait for my 44...
    Good lord. Get a life. IB's are over. Whoopdeedoo, you got another point. Wahey. Have a cookie.

ReputationRep:

Congrats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    Good lord. Get a life. IB's are over. Whoopdeedoo, you got another point. Wahey. Have a cookie.
    I will enjoy a nice crunchy chocolate chip cookie. I like having a correct diploma -- I worked for it for 2 years (or actually my whole school era = 12 years) and it will accompany me throughout my life.. I have even more of a life now that I never have to think: "Gosh, how come I got a crappy 42 instead of a 44" (Joking, really...) :cool:

Most importantly, I added my share to showing that SEVERE mistakes are possible in the fallible IB system -- so I can shatter prejudices such as Igor's who said that I shouldn't blame others for my own faults. I simply proved him wrong. QED

BTW, I want to thank ASNaC and neutrino for their support. If there is anyone out there who thinks he/she may deserve a better grade, please do make an enquiry by the 15th (deadline) -- my example shows that you may very well succeed!

ReputationRep:
    I will enjoy a nice crunchy chocolate chip cookie. I like having a correct diploma -- I worked for it for 2 years (or actually my whole school era = 12 years) and it will accompany me throughout my life.. I have even more of a life now that I never have to think: "Gosh, how come I got a crappy 42 instead of a 44" (Joking, really...) :cool:

Most importantly, I added my share to showing that SEVERE mistakes are possible in the fallible IB system -- so I can shatter prejudices such as Igor's who said that I shouldn't blame others for my own faults. I simply proved him wrong. QED

BTW, I want to thank ASNaC and neutrino for their support. If there is anyone out there who thinks he/she may deserve a better grade, please do make an enquiry by the 15th (deadline) -- my example shows that you may very well succeed!
    I'm just wondering whether it is true that the grade cannot be increased by more than 2 ... I heard sth like that somewhere...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomek)
    I'm just wondering whether it is true that the grade cannot be increased by more than 2 ... I heard sth like that somewhere...
    I have heard such too... I think my essay was honestly worth a B, but it is funny to compare this with some of my classmates who got an A and did it in 10 minutes on the deadline day (they were forced to sit in the computer class and do it, while others joined a major school celebration!) , I believe that anything is possible as far as marking is concerned... :rolleyes:

The remarking procedure may not be quite such a lottery. Has anyone here ever got a grade raised by 2? I don't think so...

P.S. Practically all biologists in my class lost a grade or 2 when their practical work was reduced by 27(!) points (and an enquiry on this is not possible)!!! I'm really really really glad about my 36/36 EE in this respect -- it's not always easy to win in the IB...

ReputationRep:
    Hi all -- Time for another cookie! Today my English commentary went from 6 to 7 and essay from 5 to 7. This completes my enquiry: I have now 44 points.

The point rises were huge, and my IB coordinator said that IB assessment suffers credibility loss with such cases. She congratulated me and sent an e-mail to other English students, since everyone will most certainly get their grade raised.

FULL STOP.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.