Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    im going into year 13 and i want to do apprenticeships could someone tell me the the route i would have to take to become a financial manager in terms of qualifications eg: AAT level 4

ReputationRep:
    To the best of my knowledge, the qualification most suited to becoming a financial manager is the CIMA course (plenty of information available online).

Whilst you don't have to strictly undertake the AAT, it will help to gradually develop your basic accounting knowledge before you throw yourself into the deep end (CIMA). In fact you may not have to even do an AAT if you have taken an A-Level at accounting, nevertheless it helps.

There are fantastic apprenticeships now offering management accounting qualifications. From the top of my head Nestle does a finance scheme that includes studying the CIMA. You will keep hearing CIMA again and again because it really is the 'big daddy' of management accounting.

hamza ahmad luton 786 hertfordshire hamzaahmad786

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamzaahmad786)
    To the best of my knowledge, the qualification most suited to becoming a financial manager is the CIMA course (plenty of information available online).

Whilst you don't have to strictly undertake the AAT, it will help to gradually develop your basic accounting knowledge before you throw yourself into the deep end (CIMA). In fact you may not have to even do an AAT if you have taken an A-Level at accounting, nevertheless it helps.

There are fantastic apprenticeships now offering management accounting qualifications. From the top of my head Nestle does a finance scheme that includes studying the CIMA. You will keep hearing CIMA again and again because it really is the 'big daddy' of management accounting.
    could i also be able to do an ACCA qualification and become a financial manager

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDreamChaser)
    could i also be able to do an ACCA qualification and become a financial manager
    It's like saying could I do an Accounting degree/Economics degree/Finance degree and become a financial manager? Yes you can with all three but there is no silver bullet, only experience can get you closer to your goal.

Just so you know the ACCA has a financial management module (F9). http://yourfuture.accaglobal.com/glo...l-manager.html

hamza ahmad luton 786 hertfordshire hamzaahmad786

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.