Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have an uncondition offer for A&F, I am seriously considering taking it up. If I apply now, would I be guaranteed accomodation? Im from London so I definatly need that guaranteed room. Also, what is the nearest to gyms/sports/school of business!

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    I thought Uni choices have been already decided by now?

Well if you can change your first choice to Loughborough - then yeah you should get accomodation! It's clearing/second choice students that will be most likely not to get a place though that is also unlikely!

In terms of nearest;
    Business School = Rigg Rut
    Gym (Luffs) = Telford
    Gym (Powerbase) = Rigg Rut
    Sport = well depends what sport you want to do! Though Butler/Towers are nearest to the sports halls and things

You won't have all lectures in Business School (you'll have hardly any!) so unless you really want to be by the gym(s) (on that note, don't apply to Telford unless you are a gap year student) then just go for whatever hall you prefer!

Check out this thread for more information and to ask any more questions

-x-

ReputationRep:
    I applied mid may - Since I have my A levels already - Im not getting conditional offers, so I don't have any 1st/2nd choices like most people, I just choose which one I want to go to.

Thanks for advice, I will definatly look into it after I finish work! So exactly where are the business lectures held if not in business school:O!?

ReputationRep:
    You'll find that it's normal for departments to hold their lectures in random rooms across. The only time we go into the Computer Science department is if we have a practical that we have to attend.

Though, since it seems you're into sport/exercise, I'm sure you shouldn't mind if you have a bit of a walk to get to lectures

ReputationRep:
    Busines school lectures are all over campus so don't let that be a factor.

ReputationRep:
    If you dont get campus accomodation, there will always be back up accom and then just living in a house for pretty much the same price. You wont have to commute from london!

ReputationRep:
    I've got an offer for business econ and it's my first choice on UCAS but I haven't applied for housing yet. I'm still guranteed a place right????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nabster_88)
    I've got an offer for business econ and it's my first choice on UCAS but I haven't applied for housing yet. I'm still guranteed a place right????
    I would think so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nabster_88)
    Depends on whether or not you've missed deadlines...

ReputationRep:
    The deadline is on the 1st august. I'd better get filling in....

Thanks Guys and girls.

ReputationRep:
    To put it simply:

If you reply to Loughborough before the deadline and accept them as your firm choice, then no matter what offer you have or what course you're on, you will be given a place in halls. This isn't to say that you'll be given preference over what type of room you'll get, but you'll get a room nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    1st August? Well Lboro is sending a message that they will send forms to unconditional students late July, how late I wonder :|

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 18, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.