Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    USA

I would really love to study medicine in the us however the process their is very long as you need to have a bachelor of some sort and it is very expensive compared to the UK.

Hong kong

I know that they teach medicine in English in hku however I have heard you need to speak Cantonese.

Singapore

I am not sure how the process works there.

ReputationRep:
    It is a lot more expensive to study abroad, as you cannot get student finance equal to that of studying in the UK, as well as living costs covered etc. I was looking the other day and most courses require you to speak their native language
    If you want to apply to medicine, and you have the A-level grades, try and apply here - you can always practice abroad when you've finished. Otherwise, I would try and either save to study abroad or do a graduate medicine course if not having the correct grades/ subjects is the reason you want to study abroad.

ReputationRep:
    in italy there are international medical schools, some have IMAT admission test, other Ukcat. so you can get prepared for Uk and Italy at the same time, but just have one more chance...
    in 2017 they accept Ukcat score of 2016...

(Original post by Anonymous1502)
    USA

I would really love to study medicine in the us however the process their is very long as you need to have a bachelor of some sort and it is very expensive compared to the UK.

Hong kong

I know that they teach medicine in English in hku however I have heard you need to speak Cantonese.

Singapore

I am not sure how the process works there.

ReputationRep:
    hi i am currently selling the IMAT exam practice book the questions are in english but explanations in italian but the lettered answers can help you mark your practice work , used it before i wrote the exam in 2013 and i eventually got a place even though i ended going elsewhere let me know if you are interested just message me thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.