Opal one - Gym Price Watch

Azz-Rod
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
anyone no how much ull av to pay for the memebership? someppl said its free with the rent and some places said its a small charge but does anyone actually no wat it is lol
cheers
mattje
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
its deffinetely not free, cant remember the exact price but its between £15-20 a month or you can pay for the whole year with a small discount.
joea123
Report 11 years ago
i think you can pay monthly for around £15 maybe? not to sure!

but i believe its £100 for the year membership..

can't remember where i heard this though so any confirmation would be good
stimmo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I phoned up about this a few months ago, and yeah the above two posters are about right
Untitled258
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I have heard its around £15/20 a month.

Which makes me wonder, is it worth me paying that for convienance of just going down stairs for a dip and a work out, or should i pay the £40/50 for the full year of the leeds met gym, but i would have to walk to and from it.
Azz-Rod
Rep:
?
hmm i guess 100 quid isnt so bad
Azz-Rod
Rep:
?
(Original post by ginabarrass)
Hey guys, firstly the gym does charge and the price ur quoting for a monthly contract is about right, its more than £100 for the year though, if your contract is through Leeds Met, take your tenancy to leeds met gym (any) and you will recieve FREE membership!!!!!!

Any Q's send them this way!
so let me get this right i can take my accom contract to leeds met gym and get a free gym memebership? or did i read that completely wrong lol
rollin2001uk
Report 11 years ago
yeah i dont fully understand that bit either.

what do you mean through leeds met?, you mean ifyour attending there?

i am lost, as is azz rod.we need help and want free gym membership too
stimmo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ginabarrass)
Opal also does direct let students, if your accomodation was booked through Leeds Met then you will get the gym membership on all campus' included.
Hmm...a bit confused...does that mean we get free gym membership?
Betty Penguin Penguin
Report 11 years ago
to simplify,
if you buy all year opal gym membership for whatever that price is set at, then you also can get free membership at the headingly campus gym and/or whatever leeds met owns.

i don't know if this is correct but thats what is being said here.
mattje
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
no. you get free gym membership at the headingley and civic quarter gyms included in your rent.

(Original post by Azz-Rod)
so let me get this right i can take my accom contract to leeds met gym and get a free gym memebership?
this is correct.
Untitled258
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
As much as i think it is great that the unis gyms are free, i find it some what annoying that in the halls im living in, there going to cost me.

What im probably going to do is go to the gym after lectures at the gym in the civic quarter.

TBH, id rather pay for the uni gyms, and have the gyms in the halls for free.
stimmo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
However I'm willing to pay, if it means that the Opal gym is better equipped/less crowded than the uni gyms. Can anyone shed some light on what the gyms are like?
girl89
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah I'd rather go to a less crowded gym....might sign up to Opal's gym
Azz-Rod
Rep:
?
(Original post by stimmo)
However I'm willing to pay, if it means that the Opal gym is better equipped/less crowded than the uni gyms. Can anyone shed some light on what the gyms are like?
yea im like this i like old skool gyms lol ones were there are no tv's in and that cos u get distracted lol
heppelstone16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Any gym will do for me, but i know that when i get up it will be nice to just stroll through to Opal gym, no more getting in the car and driving miles every day for a workout.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1283)
79.74%
Leave (326)
20.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise