Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is she interested enough for me to ask her again? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I know this girl from college, we have been in the same study group for half a year. One night we had a paper to hand in the next day and we both sat up all night to finish it, so we texted a lot that night. She said the if she passed, she would buy me a beer, and i said i would buy her one to celebrate. I thought that was my break to ask her out when summer came.
    So summer came, i asked her if she was going out one weekend, she said she wasn't. Then i said "Good, then i don't have to feel bad about not buying you that beer", she responded "Why not? I am looking forward to that beer :-D" and i said "I am not going out either ;-)". I got too excited at this point and two days later i asked if she wanted to grab a cup of coffee either Thursday or Sunday. She couldn't, something bad had happened in her family and she was therefore too busy that week. At first i thought it was just a bad excuse, but something had happened. But i still thought she wasn't interested, so i tried getting her out of my head.
    Then Friday night next week, she asked if i was out tonight - i said yeah, if i can buy you that beer. She never got around to answer back that night. We texted about something different the day after, i didn't wanna ask what happened. A friend said she was testing me, seeing if i would show up, but i don't know..
    I tried texting her when college was still going on, but i am so bad at texting. Long texts, never know when to stop - hate it. So i don't really text her, and she neither - She is pretty shy.
    I am just confused right now. I tried to forget about her but when she asks if i am out one night and said she was looking forward to getting a beer together, my mind messes with me. Then i suddenly feel that maybe she is a little bit interested. What do you think, can i try asking her out for that beer?
    I’m past the point of no return. I’ve built this girl up so much in my head and there’s nothing I can do to reverse it. Attraction isn’t a choice. She has me. I don't want to feel like i didn't try my all with this girl.
    A small detail, but i am starting to overanalyzing everything - the week i asked her out for coffee, i sent out two snapchats to everybody, and she responded to both of them.
    TY for reading

ReputationRep:
    I don't even understand what you've wrote, sorry. You asked her out to a coffee, she had family problems. So ask her again!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    I agree with comment one, if you don't ask you don't get. What's the worst she can do? You can ask for an explanation if she denies you the second time, she may or may not give you one. But I'm pretty sure that day you asked she was having a crappy day.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys, and sorry i didn't make any sense, i don't really right now..
    Basically three things have happened.
    1: We talked about getting a beer together, i asked her when summer started if she was going out this weekend, she wasn't. So i said "Then i don't have to feel bad about not buying you that beer" and she said "Why not? I am looking forward to that beer", i responeded "i am not going out either"
    2: I asked her for a cup of coffee, she was too busy that week because of a bad family situation.
    3: She asks me, a friday night, i am out.
    But i will definetly try to ask her out again, i just feel like i have screwed up.. When i text her, its always something boring..
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kasey008)
    Thanks guys, and sorry i didn't make any sense, i don't really right now..
    Basically three things have happened.
    1: We talked about getting a beer together, i asked her when summer started if she was going out this weekend, she wasn't. So i said "Then i don't have to feel bad about not buying you that beer" and she said "Why not? I am looking forward to that beer", i responeded "i am not going out either"
    2: I asked her for a cup of coffee, she was too busy that week because of a bad family situation.
    3: She asks me, a friday night, i am out.
    But i will definetly try to ask her out again, i just feel like i have screwed up.. When i text her, its always something boring..
    Thanks!
    try again as giving up would be both pointless and weak unless it's impossible to work then anythings worth a try

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    try again as giving up would be both pointless and weak unless it's impossible to work then anythings worth a try
    That makes so much sense - i am such a coward if i don't try anything..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.