Turn on thread page Beta

Price of HP7 in WH smith watch

ReputationRep:
    I preorded months ago, because i wanted the £5 book voucher.. but doesn't anyone feel it strange that well my WH Smith is not releasing the price of the book till the evening.. and its different from the online price.. does anyone know how much it is going to be..?

I can't decide if it will just be easier going to Tescos as i am already £5 and a book up.. what does everyone else think.. because tesco is £8.99 i think..

ReputationRep:
    they havent released the price of the book? thats sneaky :hmmm:
    im glad i pre ordered my copy somewhere else :p:

ReputationRep:
    Thats so cheap!! I pre-ordered the book in KL and it costs me about 15.70GBP.

:mad:

ReputationRep:
    In the past WHSmiths have always siad they would beat other prices. Don't know if that is true this time.

But, I could NEVER get it from a supermarket. Apart from the fact I don't have a tesco near me. WHSmiths is the place to eb anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitty_koo)
    they havent released the price of the book? thats sneaky :hmmm:
    im glad i pre ordered my copy somewhere else :p:
    I went in and asked actually and the women said that she doesn't expect it to be more then £10.99 and that sort of fits because thats how much the previous one was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I went in and asked actually and the women said that she doesn't expect it to be more then £10.99 and that sort of fits because thats how much the previous one was.
    i got mine for £8.99 from woolworths lol

ReputationRep:
    £2 extra to get it at Midnight is worth it.

ReputationRep:
    its going to be 10.99- its what the guy said AFTER i had put my pre-order in thinking it would be 8.99. Its extremely cheeky of them considering even waterstones are doing it for £8.99 with that wizardology book.

That £5 voucher expires on the 19th of July. Sly gits! And we can't even use it to pre-oreder another copy...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tazzie)
    its going to be 10.99- its what the guy said AFTER i had put my pre-order in thinking it would be 8.99. Its extremely cheeky of them considering even waterstones are doing it for £8.99 with that wizardology book.

That £5 voucher expires on the 19th of July. Sly gits! And we can't even use it to pre-oreder another copy...
    I've already got the Wizardology book and I'm going to use my birthday voucher to get it :p:

ReputationRep:
    I have a £10 voucher .. if it's £10.99 will it be accepted or does it need to be something like £11+?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil groovy dude)
    I have a £10 voucher .. if it's £10.99 will it be accepted or does it need to be something like £11+?
    is it a gift voucher? If its a gift voucher you can use it to pay and then just give £1 cash.

Have you already pre-ordered... if you have then we will have already payed the £3- so we only owe them £7.99 right?

(oh and if you havent pre-ordered, be prepared that whysmiths will bump uo on the price on release day- they did that last year)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil groovy dude)
    No, if the book is £10.99, you will need the voucher plus another 99p.

Basic maths :p:

ReputationRep:
    Whoopsie :ninja: Someone told me that the product needs to be £11 at least in order for me to use the voucher ..

Thanks a lot guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tazzie)
    is it a gift voucher? If its a gift voucher you can use it to pay and then just give £1 cash.

Have you already pre-ordered... if you have then we will have already payed the £3- so we only owe them £7.99 right?

(oh and if you havent pre-ordered, be prepared that whysmiths will bump uo on the price on release day- they did that last year)
    I didn't pre-order But ah well .. the most they'll raise it to will probably be arond £13 right? So I'll only need to pay a few quid

Thanks again =]

ReputationRep:
    play.com £9.99 with free delivery
    But i had better get it on saturday, or i will go mad!

ReputationRep:
    I've preordered but will they do a sneaky thing of it being 10.99 adding the £3 deposit? Is anyone going dressed up.. i'm not as well i feel silly anyways as our Wh Smith is right next to all the bars.. where people i know go.. so i'll feel silly anyways..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philip67)
    You should get it on saturday, i rang their helpdesk to check.

It says mine has already been posted by them, which is strange, says posted 13/7/07

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greenangel2k6)
    I've preordered but will they do a sneaky thing of it being 10.99 adding the £3 deposit? Is anyone going dressed up.. i'm not as well i feel silly anyways as our Wh Smith is right next to all the bars.. where people i know go.. so i'll feel silly anyways..
    erghh they better not! WHsmith have not been clear with anything for the release. so annoying!

ReputationRep:
    Me too - off at 8am to get it Sat morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philip67)
    Yeah, I preordered with play.com in January, lol. Uusually they're pretty reliable so it should come on Saturday!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2007
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.