Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Insect bite swollen 11 days after being bitten Watch

I got bitten on my leg by an insect 11 days ago, I don't think this was a regular midge that bit me as I actually felt the insect bite my leg. Anyway my leg has been swollen since it happened 10 days ago and I woke up yesterday morning to find that I had been scratching the bite in my sleep without even realising it. During the day yesterday my leg just kept on getting redder and redder and now today the skin around the bite is all blotchy and swollen. I am planning on going to the doctors to get it looked at but in the meantime should I be worrying about this? I've had insect bites before but never this bad.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    You might be better off going to minor injuries / walk in centre if you can't get a GP appointment?

ReputationRep:
    Yes...that's quite worrying. Go to the doctors ASAP. I would recommend having this medicine: Piritez or Piritone..something along that line. It's a medicine that deals with insect bites. It cured my one on my leg..

ReputationRep:
    My doctor had given me Piriteze for my insect bite I had time ago..it got better in 3-4 days.

(Original post by Tiger Rag)
    You might be better off going to minor injuries / walk in centre if you can't get a GP appointment?
    Someone suggested the chemist rather than waiting to make a GP appointment. I might go after work tonight.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.