Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    My postgraduate loan has been approved, I just need to provide details of a bank account and a national insurance number. Just wondering what is the best/most popular bank account in England for EU students? And would I have to wait until I move over to set one up?
    Also re the national insurance number,how do I go about getting one? My course doesnt start for a month but Ive no problem going over for a few days if it means sorting these things out
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Shop around for a bank that suits your needs. And yes you'll need to come over to sort it out. There's loads of info about NI numbers online.
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi, we are not able to offer advice on the best/ most popular UK banks we can only advise on Student Finance England products and procedures. If you contact the bank they can advise if you need to be in the UK to set a UK bank account up. As an EU student we do not require you to have a national insurance number. Thanks.
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.