Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    One of my other favourites, though I have only heard the soundtrack - didn't have a chance to see it in the West End nor on tour I must say some of the songs are truly breathtaking. Not as outstanding as Les Mis imo, but you can tell that the two musicals are by the same composer. Does anyone else like/have seen Miss Saigon?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I have the soundtrack and love it! I missed the tour though as well Incredibly moving music and lyrics, always leaves me in tears. Also love Les Mis too! I think thats my favourite musical, its so powerful, stunning on stage.

ReputationRep:
    I saw it a few years ago on tour. Enjoyed it a lot, cried at the end (), though yes, I love Les Mis more. I also just got Martin Guerre on CD which is another one by the same team behind those two, haven't had much of a chance to listen yet though

ReputationRep:
    I saw Martin Guerre years ago whilst it was on tour at the Birmingham Hippodrome, really liked it though Les Mis still stands out more.

ReputationRep:
    I've not watched the show but i really love some of the music. Les Mis is better though.

ReputationRep:
    I hope that you have all seen 'Hey Mr Producer', the tribute to Cameron Macintosh though it is Alain Boublil and Claude-Michel Schonberg who wrote Les Miserables and Miss Saigon. Les Miserables is better overall but Miss Saigon still has some great songs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Picnico)
    I hope that you have all seen 'Hey Mr Producer', the tribute to Cameron Macintosh though it is Alain Boublil and Claude-Michel Schonberg who wrote Les Miserables and Miss Saigon. Les Miserables is better overall but Miss Saigon still has some great songs.
    I've been wanting to see Hey Mr Producer - is it good?

Agreed, Miss Saigon is good but Les Mis = God.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.