Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

All my close friends from school, college and uni are all in serious relationships and either getting engaged, having kids or buying their first house together. Me on the other hand I'm still single, people say Im a good looking lad im tall, toned and have blue eyes. I am 22 and I still live at home but i have a nice car and im saving up to buy my first house on my own. But it does get me down sometimes seeing all my friends with their other half whilst im on my own. My friends say im the lucky one because im single and i can do what i want but i do feel like i would like a relationship.

What should i do? should I enjoy being single?

ReputationRep:
    Yes enjoy it while you can. Live your life and the right girl will come eventually. Probs when you least except it.

I can relate but I'm a girl lol
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    You are only 22. Its easier fo men as you have less biological clock. Just chill enjoy doing things you want to do . the more confident and better rounded peson you are then the easier it will be to find someone else. Do you wnat kids and a mortgage at 22?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    You don't need to actively enjoy it.

You just need to keep making efforts to stop being single if you want a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Being single is really only good if its by choice and you can end it at the drop of a hat - or at least easily fill in with casual sex. It tends to be hot girls with a queue of guys waiting hopefully for her to become available again that can honestly claim this. Being financially independent, like you describe, is good however and also in the dating stakes. Just put a bit more effort in to finding a good woman

ReputationRep:
    Be happy with oneself, otherwise a girl can't be happy with you.
    Or so people say.

You'll be fine. I know it's difficult, but keep ya chin up!

ReputationRep:
    There are positives and negatives to everything. But I wouldn't advise looking at your friends' relationships wishing for similar, because what you are seeing is that cute outer layer without experiencing the hardships of their relationships. That doesn't mean that you have to stay single, let's be honest who wants to spend their life stuck in the house that they bought at 22 on their own. Just don't question your relationship status for now and just live your life to its fullest. Because life is actually so weird- one day you might be single another day you are married and taking your kids to school.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    All my close friends from school, college and uni are all in serious relationships and either getting engaged, having kids or buying their first house together. Me on the other hand I'm still single, people say Im a good looking lad im tall, toned and have blue eyes. I am 22 and I still live at home but i have a nice car and im saving up to buy my first house on my own. But it does get me down sometimes seeing all my friends with their other half whilst im on my own. My friends say im the lucky one because im single and i can do what i want but i do feel like i would like a relationship.

I know how you feel, I've just finished uni and lots of my friends are moving in with their boyfriends etc. like you I'm working and saving up for things like a house but in relationship terms just try not to get down about being single as I know the more you think about it the worse you feel! Enjoy it and see what happens, only time will tell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

yes you can be the executive you can be free to spend and earn as you please

ReputationRep:
    The best thing you can ever do for yourself, not just in relationships but in general, is not to compare yourself with what everyone else is doing.

By comparing yourself to everyone else, you are always trying to catch up, being in a relationship, getting married, your job, money, house, car, kids and all the rest of it, as you will always know someone that has done that one thing you haven't yet.

Stop comparing yourself. Stop it. Now. You'll be happier, more confident in yourself and that, my friend, is when everything begins to work out. The people you are looking up to, or aspiring to, are not living your life and you are making your life miserable by looking at what everyone else has. . It took me a very long time to learn that lesson, don't make the same mistake.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 16, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.