Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm 15 and for the past like year I've been thinking about what I am going to do when I leave school.

I had my mind set on uni as I just see it as a major freedom as u wouldn't be living with your parents and many people tend to live more independently after that anyway. I also thought that everyone would be much more mature and it would be really easy to make friends and everyone would get invited to loads of parts and stuff.

But now im not so sure if its going to be like that.
    Is it ???

Is it kinda the same as secondary school like with friends, popularity and getting invited to parties and stuff ???

what is uni really like ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonomon)
    -snip-
    be really easy to make friends and everyone would get invited to loads of parts and stuff.
    Freshers week and maybe a couple of weeks after are mostly like that... tbh it soon starts to feel like work when the assignments start backing up.

afaict most people feel lonely, out of place and overloaded to some extent at least sometimes... so without wanting to be too depressing it's not a wall to wall laugh riot.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by anonomon)
    I'm 15 and for the past like year I've been thinking about what I am going to do when I leave school.

I had my mind set on uni as I just see it as a major freedom as u wouldn't be living with your parents and many people tend to live more independently after that anyway. I also thought that everyone would be much more mature and it would be really easy to make friends and everyone would get invited to loads of parts and stuff.

But now im not so sure if its going to be like that.
    Is it ???

Is it kinda the same as secondary school like with friends, popularity and getting invited to parties and stuff ???

what is uni really like ???
    Hello

Well, you're only fifteen and have a long time till you go to university - even though it'll come round very quickly!

University isn't like any other form of education, not rom what I've experienced. It is definitely not like secondary school, it's a add on from college but with independence. There isn't 'popularity' and 'getting invited to parties?' - Freshers is, if you take the stereotypical definition, the week of drinking, partying at the SU and clubs in the city and what not.

You sort of have the right idea of what it's going to be like. If you move into halls then you get the independence you're looking for from university and get to live alone and what not. You have a while till you even have to apply, let alone start university so you have plenty of time to visit open days and what not.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.